council Tax bill on the doormat - ouch...!!

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Haven't had mine :confused:

But last year it was £1600.

I would complain against the councils and Government, but since I work for them I guess they're just taking their money back :(

Associate
My anual council tax is £1841.40, however £203.50 of that is water charges that are included in the council tax payments in Scotland. Thank god for student exemption. :D

I'm dreading leaving university and having to pay that every year.

Soldato
OP
Al Vallario said:
MPs rely on people within their constituencies making them aware of issues and suggesting improvements where appropriate, not ranting on Internet message boards. HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.

When I read what some of these local MP’s are earning, when I read how much they waste on government schemes that do not work, and when I read that local services are not improving and are getting worse or being cut back it does make me rant, and until this gets better then I will at that time concede to common sense, and not rant on a public forum.

But for now, I shall. And who the hell do you think you are talking to me, or posting like that anyhow. Ok, it’s a rant, I’m not made of money, I pay a hell of a lot of money each month in taxes. I think taxes are required to keep the wonderful idea of safe, and clean living alive, but in the recent years this just isn’t so.

You can now retort if you want to, my tirade against your reply will be scorned upon by some, but in the end mate. Its too much sodding money for a police force that has so much red tape, most criminals walk free, fire fighters that go on strike due to poor pay for a dangerous job, and a local council building in most towns and cities that is wonderfully brand new, when a local scheme to help folks gets closed due to cutbacks. And THEN the councils complain as they get capped to no more then 5% increase each year.

Thread will now be closed I guess. Do you get degrees in common sense nowadays? Does that pay well, must do, as you seem happy to pay lots of taxes? Where do I go to get this degree? If I buy two happy meals, do I get one for free?

Soldato
Band B and £1227.99 here....Only thing i can't complain about is this is the first rise in Council Tax from Glasgow City Council in 2 years and it's only went up by £1 a month, for me anyway :(

Soldato
Not had this years yet but i agree.
I live on my own okay I get my 25% off but I still pay £96 per month x10 for what ? my bins emptied ? big deal, in fact thats a joke now as one week its black wheelie bin for everything except garden rubbish then 2nd week its green wheelie bin for garden rubbish. NOW you tell me, which bin do you think the average person fills 1st ? the black one of course. Not the god damn green one. 2 weeeks for the black bin to be emptied, im often taking black bags to my works skips to empty.

I hate paying all this council tax for what I consider nothing, sod all. The roads are crap, all pot holes here and there, traffic a joke, I cant before some of you mention use public transport as being a Chef, I work A) Stupid hours and B) in the middle of nowhere.

Seriously, all this money per month for nothing, I think it should be "means tested" .

In fact, this goverment gets you over a barrel with everything, YOu have to pay council tax NO CHOICE

you HAVE to pay TV Licence NO CHOICE,

its joke , and you wonder why people leave this robbing country!!!

Soldato
Kesnel said:
My anual council tax is £1841.40, however £203.50 of that is water charges that are included in the council tax payments in Scotland. Thank god for student exemption. :D

It's cheaper to pay tuition fee's!

Soldato
Kesnel said:

I got my exemption through the other day too; £941.89 CT and £288.57 Water and Sewerage. Come June when I graduate I'll be paying it though.
trojan698 said:
It's cheaper to pay tuition fee's!

I'm greatful not having to pay those either :).

Soldato
£245 per month here. If you want a tip (and I mean that in every sense of the word), move to Port Glasgow as the entire area has been deemed band A in an attempt to get more people to move there. It ain't working and the area is still reeling from the closure of all the shipyards.

Soldato
We were talking to our friend the other day who was elected Mayor and he was telling us all the problems he's been having. He told us recently they wanted to get rid of a bloke who has transferred from somewhere else but if they wanted to get rid of him they would have to pay him redundancy from their budget for all the years he had worked in council, not just for theirs. They were unable to get rid of him because of the stupidly high cost.

Also, apparently in our area there are 5 main ethnic minorities, and for each of these they are meant to have somebody in the office who can speak their native language. About 5 minutes down the road from the council office is one of the biggest language schools in the UK which would be able to send somebody who could speak the language in 10 minutes if needed, but the council was marked down by the government for not employing 5 people who could speak these languages. Given the choice of paying a small fee each time one was needed or employing 5 people full time I know which I would choose. It's stupid how the rules and regulations encourage such money wastage.

Back
Top Bottom