Matrix Reloaded - Discuss *[WARNING SPOILER]*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy2Thumbs

T

Tommy2Thumbs

Originally posted by Dj_Jestar
On a side note, with a little humor...

Just before the Architect turned round to reveal himself, my mate said 'I bet it's Bill Gates!!!!!'

LOL :D

I thougt the Arhitect was Col Sanders and that Neo should have asked for a Zinger Tower Meal but declined the chance to max for 30p more!

Caporegime
Originally posted by Tommy2Thumbs
I thougt the Arhitect was Col Sanders and that Neo should have asked for a Zinger Tower Meal but declined the chance to max for 30p more!
lol.

On a more matrix side of things, I think Neo shoulda just kicked the crap out of him and opened both doors.

Soldato
The Wizard of Oz / Alice in Wonderland / The Matrix

The Emerald City... OMG! Oh, I also think that Neo's boss (first film) could be Agent Smith. He looks kind of similar. Neo might see his boss as a kind of arch-nemesis too. Like in The Wizard of Oz at the end (when Dorothy wakes up), she sees people from Oz in Kansas, only they look slightly different.

The Wizard of Oz / Alice in Wonderland / The Matrix

I still think Neo's going to wake up at the end next to his computer. His screen reads...

Wake up Neo...

Then cinema screen fades to black... end of movie. :D

Or they may put this in for fun at the end of the credits ???

Last edited:
Soldato
Re: The Wizard of Oz / Alice in Wonderland / The Matrix

Originally posted by TerraS
I still think Neo's going to wake up at the end next to his computer. His screen reads...

Wake up Neo...

Then cinema screen fades to black... end of movie. :D

Or they may put this in for fun at the end of the credits ???

Me thinks that would lead to instant lynch mobbing of the brothers :D

Associate
I might be completely wrong but is Neo a program?

When the architect was describing the creation of the matrix he mentioned an integer anomoly, which was one of Neo's predecessors. This anomoly appeared six times, lead by the 'control' mechanism to the source and choosing the right door through logic. But he chooses the left door because he is lead by emotion.

(It's probably already been said, appologies if it has ;))

Associate
Has anyone figured out how important the Jet Li character is? The guy who protects the Oracle and fights neo after apologising?

I think the matrix extends to Zion.

Permabanned
Originally posted by as-if
Has anyone figured out how important the Jet Li character is? The guy who protects the Oracle and fights neo after apologising?

I think you mean Seraph. Don't know how important he's gonna be, but he's definetly in the Revoloutions trailer, so I'd say he still has a part to play yet...

Soldato
Originally posted by pamplemoose
I think you mean Seraph. Don't know how important he's gonna be, but he's definetly in the Revoloutions trailer, so I'd say he still has a part to play yet...

He also plays a part in Enter The Matrix, you see him fight the black captain dude that agrees to Morhpeous's request for someone to stay behind in broadcast depth just in case the oracle needs to pass a message on.
Again, he says "And first I must apologise" before launching into cool fight sequence, where he is obviously out-classing the other captain. When he quits he comments "You must fight someone to truly know their soul". The under the breath reply from the captain was "The only thing you knew, was that I was about to whip yo' ass" :)

Then you get to fight him as Niobe, again when she goes to see the oracle. I have no idea though what his over all role is... it seems more than a little strange that she suddenly needs a protector, and that the same protector failed to protect the original oracle from being shut down by the Morovingian.

Associate
Okay, I would just like to say a few things....

1. The film cicked butt, more butt and some more butt after that.

2. Stupid Mr Tank actor for wanting too much money :mad: well annoyed me that he just vanished :mad:

3. Can we shoot all the people who are calling these sequels? As any die hard fan would know The Matrix is a trillogy :o go watch The Matrix: Revisited :p

4. PHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR, seriously sexy fx tbh :cool:

5. Is it just me or did Trinity look less hot this time?

Soldato
Originally posted by as-if

Is there any need for him now that the oracle is dead?? :(

Soldato
Originally posted by oddjob62
Is there any need for him now that the oracle is dead?? :(

The oracle isn't dead. The actor that player her is, unfortunately. However, in the film her character is replaced by a new incarnation of the Oracle. She is a program, and as she observed in the film, the matrix is self-maintaining, if there is a need and a purpose for a program to exist, the program is created. (like the pigeon program) There is a need and a purpose for an Oracle program to guide that 0.1% of people that escaped to Zion, and to guide the One. Thus although the Morovingian had the original program terminated (one of the pieces of information he traded for at one stage was her shut down codes), the Matrix created a new one because it was a neceesary program.

Soldato
Originally posted by Garp
The oracle isn't dead. The actor that player her is, unfortunately. However, in the film her character is replaced by a new incarnation of the Oracle.

Yes yes i know that....:rolleyes:

But why would the program alter her appearance?? Surely this would just confuse people.

Soldato
Originally posted by oddjob62
Yes yes i know that....:rolleyes:

But why would the program alter her appearance?? Surely this would just confuse people.

Aye :) Ain't that half the point, keep 'em on their toes. Bit boring otherwise ;)

G

CBA to read this massive thread.

What my m8 thinks is that Neo is a human's body with a reprogrammed mind (he is a program - designed to minimize flaws by reporting back info about human nature, which will obviously be a never-ending process), so the guy who Smith overwrites is basically brainwashed.

What this means is that Zion etc. is not in the Matrix, it's real, Neo killed the Sentries because he's a program (sort of).

And IMO, what the film is probably trying to say is that we are more than machines - our intuition etc. does not come from mechanical processes.

@ce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom