New Build problems - P5B-E Plus

Associate
Hi, I'm currently at a friends house building a newly purchased PC from OcUK.

Spec is an E6300, ASUS P5B-E Plus, 2GB of OCZ PC-6400 RAM and a BFG 8800GTS, Enermax Infinity 620W PSU, Antec 900 case, Tuniq Tower, 2 Western Digital HDDs.

Have put all components together put the computer is failing to display anything on the screen of the LCD TV monitor that we are using, the monitor has worked previously so should be no issues there.

Only difference is that since the 8800 has 2 DVI connectors, a VGA-DVI converter is being used.

When the PC powers on there seems to be no problem but "No PC input detected" shows on the screen.

Any ideas anyone? Anyone have a similar setup that is working?

Thanks, LS.

Associate
Hello

Ive encountered very much the same problem in random other machines, all different spec. I have yet to find the direct cause but usually had to leave machine stone cold for awhile, do the old CLR CMOS, or change the connectors for the monitor.

Probably be different for you , but worth a look. Reguarly an overclock problem too that needs "apply defaults in BIOS" or as earlier, hardware reset.

James

Associate
OP
I have tried to clear the CMOS but to no avail, have also tried using an S-video cable from the monitor but also failed.

We are currently taking the whole thing apart and putting it all back together, any suggestions on what we might do better next time greatly appreciated lol!

Back
Top Bottom