dollar rate - is it going to go down?

man this dollar rate is good and bad, and today its bad. Whenever i have gone to florida i have always loved it as i get loads of dollars for my pounds, but i've fiannly reached $100 on my adsense account and i checked to see how much that is in pounds and its only £50 :( was hoping for atleast £60

anyways, is this likely to go back to the way it was or down a bit in the near future? i can keep my adsense money on hold until it gets better but only if its likely to in the next month or so

Soldato
How long is a piece of string?

If anyone could answer your question with certainty they'd be a millionaire, and not posting on this forum.

Associate
POB said:
Prays for the dollar rate to go in the opposite direction to what addy_010 wants as I'm off to New York in two weeks :D

The dollar won't climb much in a fortnight, but I've noticed it's climbed by a couple of cents in the past month or so.

Soldato
Well if you just look at it that you didn't have anything to start with so whatever is in your adsense account is a bonus. Strictly speaking, prices don't go up in the USA in line with the exchange rate so you haven't really lost out.

Associate
This does not constitute financial advice so you can't sue me but I just bought currency through Crown Currency Exchange, got a brilliant 31 day rate at international exchange rate.

You pay a fee but no traditional style commission.

It is definitely gonna go down when the BofE don't hike interest rates.

Soldato
At the moment its extremely high so guessing its only goiing to head one way -
Saying that its been steady for about 6months now!!

Happend at the most perfect time :D I live in the states now and sold everything and converted it all to dollars at 1.95 !!! :D
Plus Im still spending some of my english money I have in some accounts back home and it makes everything so so cheap!!!
Gym membership 10pounds a month lol
Petrol - 16 pounds to fill up

Associate
R0551 said:
The accountant at work has just bought a load of dollars and the exchange rate was $1.98 to £1 :D

thats pretty much impossible seeming the last time sterlingdollar hit 1.98 was back in early january, had he 'just' bought sterlingdollar these past couple of days, the max he could've got it for was around 1.96XX

i know this as i'm a forex dealer :p

Associate
Buttons said:
This does not constitute financial advice so you can't sue me but I just bought currency through Crown Currency Exchange, got a brilliant 31 day rate at international exchange rate.

You pay a fee but no traditional style commission.

It is definitely gonna go down when the BofE don't hike interest rates.

what spread did the crown currency exchange apply to the amount do u know? i wouldn't call it brilliant if they applied a 250pip spread onto the rate :eek:

Soldato
R0551 said:
The accountant at work has just bought a load of dollars and the exchange rate was $1.98 to £1 :D

i wouldnt be so sure to believe him. I went very recently and only got 1.86, and i know it hasnt gone up. Infact i noticed the de changes giving 1.84, so i think hes lying.

Commissario
ChroniC said:
i wouldnt be so sure to believe him. I went very recently and only got 1.86, and i know it hasnt gone up. Infact i noticed the de changes giving 1.84, so i think hes lying.

1.98 is about the banking rate - i guess if he paid a fixed fee he could well have got close to it (the burea de change etc make their money by the difference between the banking rates and what they buy/sell for).

Soldato
Werewolf said:
1.98 is about the banking rate - i guess if he paid a fixed fee he could well have got close to it (the burea de change etc make their money by the difference between the banking rates and what they buy/sell for).

ok, fair point.

Back
Top Bottom