For those who have STALKER, how does it run?

Soldato
Orgun said:
Interesting app Sir Random, has a nasty sideeffect though. It seems to increase the speed of time :) Day and nights fly past, character always hungry and stamina flying down even when walking.
It's not a side-effect!
The STALKER in-game controls for speeding up or slowing down time ( * / ) use the same keys as the App, so ONLY use the App when at the STALKER Menu, not while you're actually in-game.

Vogon said:
Interesting app Sir Random .. I wonder if there is something like it for IL2 series ?
Il2 just requires editing of an .ini file:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7714

You can find a widescreen fix for most games here:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Master_Games_List_-_A

Last edited:
Soldato
Sir Random, yes editing the ini file gives you widescreen ... by chopping the top and bottom, I have used this for ages.
I just wondered if this app or something like it could retain top and bottom view and have the increased FOV horizontally :)
Setting the save aspect as that mentions only stetches the image.

Thanks anyways, I now have full FOV for Stalker when I get a card that will run it at decent res :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Vogon said:
Sir Random, yes editing the ini file gives you widescreen ... by chopping the top and bottom, I have used this for ages.
I just wondered if this app or something like it could retain top and bottom view and have the increased FOV horizontally :)
Setting the save aspect as that mentions only stetches the image.

Thanks anyways, I now have full FOV for Stalker when I get a card that will run it at decent res :)
Did you set the SaveAspect to 1 ?
It shows as 0 in the list, but at the end it says:
set the "SaveAspect" to 1. This last one ensures Hor+

Soldato
I will have to wait until a patch comes out before continuing the game as it crashes every 5-10 minutes without fail.

Tried the new 7.2 cats aswell as turning eax off and still does it.

All that blummin time and its buggy as ****

Soldato
the gfx look awesome but the gameplay seems nothing special to me, played it for about 3 days and havent played it since. im quite dissapointed really :(

a few things that niggle me are:-

1. changing weapons is too slow
2. having to drop the gun and enter the inventory to swop guns
3. seeing nothing in the dark. i know this is normal but it doesn't do anything for the game play and you can't use it to sneak up on people. when do you get the night vision?
4. there's too many people wandering around, thought it was suppose to be a radioactive waste land ?

things i liked:-

1. day and night
2. enemies ability to dodge, duck and flank
3. gfx
4. the changing surroundings

MW

Soldato
Trying to run this game at 1920x1200 on an x1900xtx crossfire, A64 [email protected] and 2gig of ram system,with everything maxed I'm lucky to get into the low thirties,fps mainly staying between 20 and 25,reducing textures,grass density,AA and AF etc seems to have little effect.

Turning dynamic lighting off however has a huge impact,framerates increasing to between 60 - 100+,but the visuals lose all realism and become almost cartoon like.

I'm beginning to think it's time for that core2 duo upgrade,but from what other posters are saying dual core seems to offer little if any benefit over single core in this game,can anyone confirm this?

Soldato
Core2 @ 3.5 ghz here with an X1950Pro ... 1920x1200 is 12fps outside with everything maxed on the sliders, so it needs an 8800 series at least to run good res at reasonable frame rates I think.
TBH poorly coded springs to mind, fear runs a LOT better and this certainly doesn't look any better than that.
Drop to 1024x768 and it becomes playable, but who wants to do that these days ?

Soldato
Played it for 3 hours straight last night & has not crashed once. Quite enjoying it. The weather & anomaly effects are quite impressive.
Seems to run silky smooth for my on an Opty 170 at 3ghz, 2gb RAM & an 8800GTX(not overclocked). Running the game at 1680x1050 with everything maxed except AA (2nd from right on the slider) with Vsync disabled & 60hz disabled, fully dynamic lighting. Seems silky smooth to me.

Gameplay wise my only disappointment is that there is no full time voicing of the NPCs. So you have to do a lot of reading of text.
I suppose I've been spoiled with playing Oblviion.

Last edited:
Soldato
It runs about as fast as Rick Waller up hill.

Seriously, the graphics are awful compared to games like HL2, DOOM3 etc yet you are most definitely not rewarded with a high framerate.

Soldato
mine runs perfect minor the first time i loaded it up it stuttered for 2 seconds then fine. Im running everything on max settings minus the vsync :)

Permabanned
Tommy B said:

Seriously, the graphics are awful compared to games like HL2, DOOM3 etc yet you are most definitely not rewarded with a high framerate.

graphics are better or equal to games you mention, you running high res+dynamic lighting full settings?

Soldato
Tommy B said:

I disagree totally, at max settings it blows HL2 and Doom3 out of the water, the atmosphere, lighting are just amazing.

Back
Top Bottom