Prevention of reclaiming bank charges?

Capodecina
Soldato
I was told yesterday that because so many people are asking for their bank charges back the banks are going to enforce regulations stopping people from doing it. Is this right? Has anyone else heard of this?

Associate
Banks cannot enforce regulations. Regulations are put in place by the government.

What that banks are doing in relation to charges is illegal. Simple as that.

(I recently got £630 back from NatWest. Google my user name to find the details).

Soldato
masslac said:
Banks cannot enforce regulations. Regulations are put in place by the government.

What that banks are doing in relation to charges is illegal. Simple as that.

(I recently got £630 back from NatWest. Google my user name to find the details).

Smoothly does it my friend, I'm hoping to reclaim a few hundred that I lost from sloppy account usage when I first opened it...

Permabanned
Lysander said:
I was told yesterday that because so many people are asking for their bank charges back the banks are going to enforce regulations stopping people from doing it. Is this right? Has anyone else heard of this?

Seems the banks are spreading FUD as not one has ever gone to court to defend themselves against customers reclaiming bank charges. Cannot see them starting any time soon, otherwise they would have done it already.

Soldato
The banks really cannot be bothered.
When you look at just how much they are losing to the people who cannot keep their own finances under control it is such a minimal amount compared to how much they actually make.
You'll also notice that these people who can't keep their finances in control settle for anything - most banks don't even offer the full amount that in theory people could claim, but they will just accept any figure as long as it is just a few hundred.
Sure the odd person tries to claim it all - but it's only a few.

The banks also know that later this year and early into next year when we see the end of free banking (yup, I can almost guarantee you that this time next year there will no longer be a free bank account option left) and people have to start paying a monthly fee for banking they will make all of the money back.
So all the people who can do something as simple as keeping their finances in order etc will be subsidising those who cannot.

Man of Honour
They are trying to prevent people from claiming, it has allready been declared as illegal by the commission board. some of the tactics they are using are,

Threatening to close accounts,
Charging extortionate amounts for bank statements
ect,

just write a letter stating the law and that's illegal and threaten to take them to court, they'll quickly fold.

Pez

Pez

Soldato
The only tactic in the pipeline is charging a monthly/annual fee for having a standard bank account.

The charge floodgates are open, I'd suggest everyone claims now, even those who think charges are valid... the damage has been done, you may as well get something out of it before account fees are brought in :)

Soldato
They have already frozen my account and it is now at Collections stage 2 (2nd company, pressing to use bailiffs I have been told) and I have a default because of it :(, and it was there fault why it happened in the first place!!! They are expecting monies on the 30th March, do I pay it then claim back later? Or do I claim now?

Edit: This is Natwest.

Back
Top Bottom