Protein Shakes

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
Felt naked without my sig then, must have had this one for over 5 years! :eek:

/we'll have less MTA99 before you start with the comments ;) :D

Must ....... resist ....... making ....... comment ....... about ....... nudity ....... or ....... the ....... age ....... of ....... the ....... old ....... mans ....... sig!! ;)

Soldato
Some good info in this thread! I seem to be doing most things right now but I was taking my PWO shake with milk, mainly because it tastes nicer.

I do eat quite a few eggs a day as I have them for brekfast and sometimes have an omelette before bed.

I was taking a shake by Toxic Toffee, I was having this at work on my breaks but I found my self to be a bit bloated which sadly doesnt help at work so for the time being I have stopped this.

I also started taking Creatine Mono and Taurine today, but I have it in capsule form and should be taking 6 a day :o

Just wondering what you guys have for brekfast? Ill have either 2 scrambled eggs or 2 boiled eggs with toast. Sometimes I will have oats but it depends how I feel in morning. Strange thing is before I started going to the gym I didnt like eggs but now I can eat them and must say I do enjoy em :D

Soldato
I suffered a left shoulder injury playing guitar last week. I was stupid enough to "play through the pain". At the end of the session my hand was buldging, and the next day I could barely move my entire left arm. It's much better now, but it still "tweaks" occasionally, stopping me from doing a few exercises that isolate that region. The last thing I want to do is force any lift that stresses that muscle out.

Is there an especially good way to quicken the recovery process? A thread about protein seemed to be an apt place to put this. At the moment i'm just keeping it relatively rested.

Soldato
R5Rich said:
Just wondering what you guys have for brekfast? Ill have either 2 scrambled eggs or 2 boiled eggs with toast. Sometimes I will have oats but it depends how I feel in morning. Strange thing is before I started going to the gym I didnt like eggs but now I can eat them and must say I do enjoy em :D

Oats, whey, raw egg white, fruit (banana usually), flaxseed and water blended for 60secs then down the hatch! :D

Soldato
Chads said:
I suffered a left shoulder injury playing guitar last week. I was stupid enough to "play through the pain". At the end of the session my hand was buldging, and the next day I could barely move my entire left arm. It's much better now, but it still "tweaks" occasionally, stopping me from doing a few exercises that isolate that region. The last thing I want to do is force any lift that stresses that muscle out.

Is there an especially good way to quicken the recovery process? A thread about protein seemed to be an apt place to put this. At the moment i'm just keeping it relatively rested.

My training buddy badly injured his shoulder months ago now (stoopid old man :) ) and he still has to be real careful with it. Before any upper body workout he does a rotator cuff warm-up/workout to get the blood flowing and it works pretty well for him. Still has to chest press on machines to limit movement and only just started light standing shoulder press but he's getting there.

I'd try to describe the rotator cuff routine but its a nightmare. Guess if you google you might find something.

Soldato
Right, I've ordered my whey protein and a scoop.

I've also found a nice Kenwood smoothie maker for £12.50 delivered, reduced from £35 that will go nicely with the oats I'll pick up at the supermarket over the next week.

So, mornings I'll be having

100g oats with 30g whey protein (concentrate) mixed with skimmed milk. Blended. That's breakfast sorted.

Now, will I need a sneaky pre-workout shake, as I normally eat before going for a workout anyway.

Post workout - 100g oats + 30g whey protein (concentrate) with either water or juice (depends how it tastes with just water).

Will my morning shake increase my metabolism by much?

Soldato
For Pre-workout just repeat the breakfast shake, perfect ;)

As for the smoothie maker, they're great but it soon gets tiresome cleaning it out 2-4 times a day. I ended up buying a little hand blender and I just mix my drinks in the shaker cup with it. It's a lot less hassle and mess :)

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
As for the smoothie maker, they're great but it soon gets tiresome cleaning it out 2-4 times a day. I ended up buying a little hand blender and I just mix my drinks in the shaker cup with it. It's a lot less hassle and mess :)
very true, ive got a blender that i used to make shakes with...i say used to because in the end i just could not be bothered to clean it every day....right now its sitting in my kitchen, and has been there for 1/2 months now, unwashed lol, i can see mould growing inside it.......im not gona use it again will throw it out soon :D

Soldato
Perro said:
Without a scale/weighing is there any way to know how much is 100g of oats for example? e.g. in tablespoons?

- Bcbooky

Don't say i never do anything for you guys.....

Behold, 100gms of oats in a common household measurement!! :D

100gOATS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom