U.S. Shows Its Force Outside Iran

Soldato
To be fair I think we ought to start thinking right now what colour indetifications we should be putting on our tanks just to be on the safe side. I vote flourescant day glow purple with green and yellow stripes, flashing blue lights with a big 40 foot flag saying, "UK NOT IRAN" dragged behind the vehicle, with another 60 foot flag dragged behind that with a picture of a target and saying "IF YOU MUST SHOOT AT US SHOOT AT THIS FLAG PLZ". Just to be sure like.

Permabanned
Booner! said:
I will take his place. we have most likely the 2nd or 3rd most powerful military.

This is down to:
>We have ALWAYS been a fighting nation
>We have the most crack elite divisions - SAS etc
>We also maintain the training so we are ready for anything
>We have the highest % in relation to how many wars we participate in for winning wars/disputes via military - Victory conversion rate high!
>We also have the technology

Pity we have lost the fear factor.. we are now Push over britain!

Well we'd lose in battle to the Americans, the Chinese, the Russians at the very least, so the best we could be is 4th....

Caporegime
Wizard Keyaz said:
But if the West intend a war, I wouldn't be suprised if Russia and China get involved.

The US, UK and Israel could imo take out Russia, China and Iran but the cost would be absolutely horrific... it just wouldn't happen. I think if we attacked Iran then the other countries would make a LOT of noise... but would they risk economic devestation by warring against the most militarily advanced countries in the world over one ridiculously extremist muslim country that embarasses itself on a regular basis? Probably not, they'd be stupid to. Russia still has some clout but is a spent force, a lot of it's equipment is ageing, unsophisticated, and its long-range armaments should easily be countered by UK/US technology.

China is the one to really watch out for... within the next decade it will make Russia seem like a dwarf at the rate it is expanding and advancing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Visage said:
Well we'd lose in battle to the Americans, the Chinese, the Russians at the very least, so the best we could be is 4th....

I said most powerful, not "best" or "Most likely to win"

AND we wouldnt fight the US, so they don't count.

Toshay! ;)

Soldato
Im glad to see this topic was now moved over to another thread :/

Has no one learnt anything from Iraq? Do people think this is some kind of videogame or something. I find this all pretty worreying. You might think different when your friends and family members are killed in action because we went to war over 15 sailors.

Soldato
Booner! said:
Im sorry but every time i have read a post by you, it sounds like you have got tourettes and also anger management problems yourself..

My 2p

Im ussually like that when i see people talking ****.
My god, even stratergies on how the US is going to get troops into Iran. You guys need to calm down and do some C+ or run orthos for a few hours

Soldato
rare said:
Im glad to see this topic was now moved over to another thread :/

Has no one learnt anything from Iraq? Do people think this is some kind of videogame or something. I find this all pretty worreying. You might think different when your friends and family members are killed in action because we went to war over 15 sailors.

Im sorry but if that is one of the price to pay for freedom then please spill my blood. Like someone once said - The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and sacrifice.

Caporegime
photoshop said:
Im ussually like that when i see people talking ****.
My god, even stratergies on how the US is going to get troops into Iran. You guys need to calm down and do some C+ or run orthos for a few hours

Yeah because a bit of C++ does wonders to calm my nerves.

Oh my god you nerdmonger.

Permabanned
Booner! said:
I said most powerful, not "best" or "Most likely to win"

AND we wouldnt fight the US, so they don't count.

Toshay! ;)

The whole raison d'etre of an armed force is to beat other armied forces militarily. An arbitrary notion of 'most powerful' is as meaningless as 'have the shiniest boots'

Whats the point of being able to say 'we're more powerful than you' as they're rounded up and put in POW camps?

Caporegime
photoshop said:
Isreal had a problem fighting Hizbula who were fighting with basic weapons whilst isreal was getting theys from the US...

That was a guerilla style war against a very specific set of warriors who were using everyday terrain and habitat as cover... not a full-on assault against an entire country. History can provide you with many examples of basic-armed infatry holding out against technologically superior foes when fighting a guerilla war.

Soldato
photoshop said:
Isreal had a problem fighting Hizbula who were fighting with basic weapons whilst isreal was getting theys from the US...

They only have a problem because of the pressure from the outside world, if they thought they could get away with it they would slaughter every last man/women/child.

To be honest if you want to win a war and put the fear of God/Allah up you enemy that the only way to fight, war is bloody!

HEADRAT

Soldato
Im sorry but if that is one of the price to pay for freedom then please spill my blood. Like someone once said - The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and sacrifice.

This is not about freedom. This is about 15 sailors on a routine patrol being taken captive. It has nothing to do with the freedoms we enjoy at home in this country. Iran is not making any threat to our freedoms here at home.

Soldato
photoshop said:
You guys need to calm down and do some C+ or run orthos for a few hours

Im sorry but branding everyone on this forum with that attitude doesnt help..

for the record I dont even know what Orthos is? Nor am i going to google it. So that doesn't help your sterotype...

Back
Top Bottom