PS3 - F1 Championship

Soldato
InwardSinging said:
Success - i landed the super aguri second drivers position for Monaco after a successful stint at their test driver, i must say i destroyed Sato in our lap time comparison so it was only a matter of time :)
Not really heard much about the career mode on this game - do you start off as a test driver then?

Caporegime
InwardSinging said:
I actually did a rather sad thing the other night.

My wife has bought all these new cushions for the living room, with all the old ones we have about 12 cushion in there now.

I piled up the cushions on the left and right of me, sat on the floor with my feet streched out, and barricaded myself in with cushions, covering over my legs and feet to make a cockpit.

Sitting then about 5 feet back from my tv i really was immersed in the game on the big TV - i could see nothing but TV :)

Lol, that sounds pretty cool :D.

Don
I am playing through career at the min, i am now the number 1 driver for my carpy team. Just waiting for jobs to be advertised to get my agent applying for me. Won 2 grand prix`s and a second place in 4 races. Wrote my car off at monaco!!

Soldato
Joebob said:
Not really heard much about the career mode on this game - do you start off as a test driver then?

Depends on the difficulty level,
In Easy you will walk into a 2nd Driver position with someone like Torro Rosso.
In Medium you should get a test seat with Midland/Super Aguri or Torro Rosso quite easily, you can try for all of them. As a test driver you have i think about 8(?) test session and depending how you do you either get the 2nd seat or continue as a tester for a bit longer.
Hard, tbh i don't know, i assume you will start as a test and have some really tough challenges.

Soldato
JUMPURS said:
Depends on the difficulty level,
In Easy you will walk into a 2nd Driver position with someone like Torro Rosso.
In Medium you should get a test seat with Midland/Super Aguri or Torro Rosso quite easily, you can try for all of them. As a test driver you have i think about 8(?) test session and depending how you do you either get the 2nd seat or continue as a tester for a bit longer.
Hard, tbh i don't know, i assume you will start as a test and have some really tough challenges.
sounds excellent - oooh how I wish I had four more hours in every day :D

Soldato
Just bought this today.....Had £30 quid on a Gift Card so added the £9.99 and purchased......Demo was excellent so looking forward to playing the full game......The rain filled races look excellent.....Will get some racing in before attempting MP :o

Caporegime
JUMPURS said:
Yeah EA used to be quite good back in that day, now it is just 'get it out, get it sold, move onto next years'
Also with none of them going to be optimised for any console it will just suck all round tbh :(

EA consistently put out superb Madden titles (bar Madden 06 on Xbox360). There is a huge market there for a top racing game and they may well surprise a few people.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
EA consistently put out superb Madden titles (bar Madden 06 on Xbox360). There is a huge market there for a top racing game and they may well surprise a few people.

For every good thing they do, they make 10 mistakes.
I remember when they used to have the license, we got F1 '01 and F1 some other nonsense too.
How many football games has there been for the 360 from them so far? 4 in 14 months?? :(
I hope i am proved wrong and they make a banging game, i just don't see it.
I hoped they would make a great Tiger game for the Wii, but they didn't :(

Associate
Just wondering if anyone who has played F1 on PS3 has also played the F1 2005 mod for rfactor on the PC. I'd be interested to hear how both games compare.

Soldato
That was great fun online - i bumped into Jumpers in a game - although whoever had created it had put the collision off, which took quite a bit away from the racing experience.

The lap record online for monza is 1.20 i dunno how anyone gets near that, im about 4 seconds off the pace of that guy.

Soldato
Joebob said:
Damn, I was I had the time to get into this game as I love F1... but alas I don't :(

Finally something yourself Jumpers and myself all have the same interest in.
Mmm Ps3 yes no damn it i might just cave in yet too.

Caporegime
Just bumped RR7 of my rental list and replaced with this. Don;t want to buy another racing game as I have motorstorm but this sounds good to rent for a while. I just hope the lack of rumble does not annoy me. Normally in track based racing games the rumble when you go over the edge of the track is useful.

rp2000

Soldato
Heehee yeah mark i hate it when they do that, it takes a while to figure out it is off and not just corner cut penalties etc.
Think we need to have ocuk grand prix weekends. On a Sunday where the grand prix is, we do the same track.

Soldato
JUMPURS said:
Heehee yeah mark i hate it when they do that, it takes a while to figure out it is off and not just corner cut penalties etc.
Think we need to have ocuk grand prix weekends. On a Sunday where the grand prix is, we do the same track.

Yeh, a full race with qualifying etc if you can do that. Strictly for the hardcore :)

Man of Honour
Loving this game, stared a career a couple of days back

Got a first driver seat on that red bull sponsored teams, finding it quite difficult on medium but its a lot more fun than on easy where its hard not to win lol

Back
Top Bottom