Special Delivery claim compensation?

Permabanned
The g/f sent one of my X6800's to keep for the project as it's a golden one. It was in a heavy duty box with tons of shreaed paper, then the reatil box it all comes in, so was packed really well and had not been opened up at all.

Went over to me mates earlyer and droped in his rig and nothing, tried 3 more mobos nothing. Bords surports it and bios do so my cpu is dead! Sucks!

I made her pay for consequential loss and enhanced compensation upto £1000 on both.

Website says

You can claim compensation for late delivery in writing within 14 days of posting. Remember to include your proof of purchase receipt.

Got the paper work from sending it.

How long from filling the form in online does it take for soemthing to happen?

I'm uber anyoed as this chip did 41250mhz on stock cooelr on air!

I really want some money back or a replacment cpu asap as it was delivdered at 1:30pm too and they even say 1pm the latest!

Help

Pete

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Drazic said:
The g/f sent one of my X6800's to keep for the project as it's a golden one. It was in a heavy duty box with tons of shreaed paper, then the reatil box it all comes in, so was packed really well and had not been opened up at all.

Went over to me mates earlyer and droped in his rig and nothing, tried 3 more mobos nothing. Bords surports it and bios do so my cpu is dead! Sucks!

I made her pay for consequential loss and enhanced compensation upto £1000 on both.

Website says

Got the paper work from sending it.

How long from filling the form in online does it take for soemthing to happen?

I'm uber anyoed as this chip did 41250mhz on stock cooelr on air!

I really want some money back or a replacment cpu asap as it was delivdered at 1:30pm too and they even say 1pm the latest!

Help

Pete

41250mhz!? Good clock ;) My claim took a few weeks for a graphics card sent special delivery. Along with the claim I printed off a few prices for similar cards off websites and the refunded me the full amount :)

Permabanned
OP
Mikol said:
41250mhz!? Good clock ;) My claim took a few weeks for a graphics card sent special delivery. Along with the claim I printed off a few prices for similar cards off websites and the refunded me the full amount :)

Heheh what happens when you overlcock outside @ 3am when there is snow on the floor! It'd do 4Ghz normaly. Few weeks being 3? How they pay you for it by the way?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Drazic said:
Heheh what happens when you overlcock outside @ 3am when there is snow on the floor! It'd do 4Ghz normaly. Few weeks being 3? How they pay you for it by the way?

Wow, that's insane. I don't know what my card would clock to, not clocked anything in this cramped shuttle.

they paid me by cheque, but spelt both my forename and surname incorrectly. So drastically incorrectly, but my bank didn't notice.

Permabanned
OP
Mikol said:
Wow, that's insane. I don't know what my card would clock to, not clocked anything in this cramped shuttle.

they paid me by cheque, but spelt both my forename and surname incorrectly. So drastically incorrectly, but my bank didn't notice.

Well worth doing. No rules really on how you can air bench!

Fraud is so easy these days..ops maybe i should say easyerly done and overlooked!

So how long is a few weeks?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Drazic said:
Well worth doing. No rules really on how you can air bench!

Fraud is so easy these days..ops maybe i should say easyerly done and overlooked!

So how long is a few weeks?

It was about 2 years ago, so can't really remember too much, it wasn't long though mate. It's amazing really, I was going to ring RM and get them to send me a cheque spelt correctly and not missing so many vowels, but I just chanced it. I had the letter with it just in case, stating the cheque number and amount and the name it was meant to be.

My forename was spelt something like Miclh and my surname similar mixed up. Goodness knows who they had printing them out that day.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Yep, fill in the form and print off. I also printed off a few prices from OCUK along with a letter where I explained the situation, the value of the card etc.

Soldato
As a matter of interest if the cpu wasnt damaged, such as bent pins, then how exactly are they to blame? if the box was mashed then fair enough, or even a gfx card that was bumped so hard the weight of the heatsink could crack the core but its a cpu so surely it must have been knackered before it was posted or as you tried to install it rather than in transit.

Then again i suppose if you did pay insured delivery then go for it... ;) ( we wont tell em )

Permabanned
OP
Working fine tens day before it was sent as it was pulled from a working system.

It might of been droped, and viberation has damgied it..core or soemthing.

I droped a E6600 and it nevere worked again, poped the IHS and core had a few cracks!

Still do you have to send them the item thats damiged

Permabanned
SHouldnt bother with this thread because its all a pack of lies, someone on another forum asked for screenshots of this X6800 that supposedly does 4.2ghz on the stock intel cooler, then suddenly bam! its broken in the post!

What a joke, stop lying you utter *******.

Drazic said:
I droped a E6600 and it nevere worked again, poped the IHS and core had a few cracks!

LOL it gets better!

Permabanned
OP
wylde said:
SHouldnt bother with this thread because its all a pack of lies, someone on another forum asked for screenshots of this X6800 that supposedly does 4.2ghz on the stock intel cooler, then suddenly bam! its broken in the post!

What a joke, stop lying you utter *******.

What forum....?

I've had 5 X6800's! One sold to the misis house mate, the other 2 i ebayed and had one here and then this one came from my misis where i left it last as my rig was there!

Come on speak up?

Soldato
Drazic said:
Working fine tens day before it was sent as it was pulled from a working system.

It might of been droped, and viberation has damgied it..core or soemthing.

Still do you have to send them the item thats damiged

If it was in the original packaging then its designed to be dropped and not damage the chip. Tbh i think your mates mainboard prolly blew it up.

Actually this has me thinking, i have an old x800pro that died out of warranty... i could send it to someone i know special delivery with added protection and claim it damaged and get 50-90quid back and get a new card! result! ( and no im not being sarcastic i might do it actually ) ;)

Permabanned
OP
You just posted in the wtd section there saying though it was sold?

I had 5 okay, 3 sold! One to a housemate of the misis the other 2 on auction.

I was asked for a screen shot of which i said the HD i used in bench rig is at my misis..not that i didn't have one.

Get ya facts right.

Oh and your not allowed to name competiors here or the don will eat you.

I have the answer i wanted, why has some moroan got to destory it all.

Waist in you psoting this crap dude...you single handerly going to chnage everything...bite me cos you aint gonna

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Hi Drazic. Once they received my claim they asked me to send them the item, postage paid by them, and once they received it they were happy with it. Mine was water damaged :( It was a graphics card.

Permabanned
OP
Was it all properly packed as well?

I will studdy it a bit more, i left box on the side i just took the cpu box out asap...it looked alright but i didn;t bother looking much!

I've missed placed my recpet for ordering it. Did you have one for you gfx? Guess you don't need it really as it could be a sale on ebay or off a forum 2nd hand etc

Back
Top Bottom