OBLIVION - MooSe's Essential Links/mods & Tips

Soldato
Twinblade said:
I've downloaded the construction set, as wanted to dabble at making my own armor and weapons.

However, I havent a clue how to go about this, any suggestions or can someone point me in the direction of a good guide to offer assistance.

There's another pretty good wiki-style site on elderscrolls.com itself: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Main_Page

My copy of Shivering Isles shipped yesterday :).

Associate
OP
yep thats the one linked from UESPWIKI.

Be sure to tell us what you think of Shivering Isles.
I think i'll wait to see if its available as a download. the disc seems a bit pricey.

Associate
OP
Dang it!

I lasted all of 5 min then ordered the disc from an e-retailer...im so weak willed :D

Shivering Isles shall be mine :p
i did have a full schedule for my character, looks like he's going to have to take a break from saving Cyrodil and play with the loonies. I can't wait :eek:

Soldato
Anyone running a 320MB GTS and the Qarl III pack suffering bad FPS loss?

Also, is there a way I can remove this mod without having to reinstall Oblivion?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
there was an old post about quarls killing fps with a 320, can't find it though.
have you read the quarls "readme"? i would imagine uninstalling was a case of removing the relevant texture and mesh files, so you should'nt have to uninstall.

Associate
Phalanx said:
does anyone else use OOO?

I'm using it with MMM and it's insane, i've only just reached level 2 and the wilderness is still very dangerous.

yeah i'm using it, i'm level 3 and i've been playing it for about 18 hours although that's probably something to do with my skills choices. i really like it apart from the slow levelling, you can get some really good stuff in the caves, plus higher level items at a lower level (i've got an elven sword i think, i got it at level 2, can't remember if that's normal).

i've only been totally owned by the amazonians atm, the shadow wolves are tough, as are some of the mystical imps. i've obviously not encountered most of the monsters yet though, i've not touched the main quest.

i really like this mod so far.

Permabanned
nin9abadga said:
yeah i'm using it, i'm level 3 and i've been playing it for about 18 hours although that's probably something to do with my skills choices. i really like it apart from the slow levelling, you can get some really good stuff in the caves, plus higher level items at a lower level (i've got an elven sword i think, i got it at level 2, can't remember if that's normal).

i've only been totally owned by the amazonians atm, the shadow wolves are tough, as are some of the mystical imps. i've obviously not encountered most of the monsters yet though, i've not touched the main quest.

i really like this mod so far.

ah, I managed to bag me an amazon at level 2, I just ran for ages firing fireballs, took a while though i must say.

Associate
Starting to do the Oblivion gates again and I hate them already :p spent and hour looking for a save game with just the main quest complete with no luck at all.

Associate
OP
enchant a set of leather armour or summat with chameleon. you'll get over 100% chameleon which is invisible. you can then just run the gates without the fight.
tis a gamebreaking exploit :D

Associate
MooSey-UK said:
enchant a set of leather armour or summat with chameleon. you'll get over 100% chameleon which is invisible. you can then just run the gates without the fight.
tis a gamebreaking exploit :D

There is a tactic I had never thought of :D just gotta remember how to enchant things now lol

Caporegime
Deadly Reflex 3 - Combat Moves

UPDATED TO 3.12 (31.3.2007)

THIS v3.12 UPDATE REQUIRES OBLIVION PATCH 1.2 & OBSE_LOADER v0009b OR NEWER

-

PLAYER MOVES:
-------------
Shield bash:

-Staggers you opponent or knocks him over, fatigues.

-Always knocks down if player is NOT in combat (in sneak too). Bashing common folk angers them and gives you a small bounty.

-three fast strikes can make the enemy to collapse

-powerstrike can knock the enemy over

-better chance for both, if enemy is staggered by shield bash or punch

-spells ALSO have a chance to knock the enemy down (shield bashing doesn´t affect this)

-a very quick srike with the hilt of your weapon or open hand

-Basicly same effects as shieldbash has

-a bit lower fatigue effect on enemy

-half the chance to knock the enemy over

-can´t be used outside of combat - it´s quick suprise punch, which belongs in combat and has no purpose outside of it

-a very quick, NON-acrobatic avoidance leap, semi-backwards / backwards

-Requires Agility 50

-possible to dodge South-East, South-West or just South

-can be used to dodge a coming blow when staggered or recoiling

-direction of dodge is mouse movement controlled, and can be emphasized during dodge by continuing turning the mouse.

-flip forward, over the obstacles, over the enemies

-requires Acrobatics 50

-wearing heavy armor cuirass, it requires Heavy Armor 50

-a chance to cut enemy´s head off with any blade or two handed blunt

-uses rotating left powerattack, so requires Blade or Blunt 50

-chance is calculated EVERY TIME you manage to halve the opponents health,

his health reaching 1/2, 1/4, 1/8....health of the original.
-works on NPC´s only

-a chance to cut the whole enemy in half

-an alternative to decapitation, simply aim waist to to do this instead

-works with blades only, and not with the shortest daggers (for example Vanilla iron dagger)

-uses the rotating left powerattack, so requires Blade 50

-can´t be used against NPC´s wearing Robes or Arena cuirass or similar, wholebody clothing. Just aim the head instead.

-works on NPC´s only

-a chance to slice off the opponents wrists, if he´s health is less than half of the original

-happens, if you happen to strike the enemy just when he prepares to counter-punch you (counter-punch from THIS mod)

-instead of dying instantly, the NPC collapses and rises up in shock, whining, unable to think clearly or act

-in this situation, you can always finish him off with decapitation or cut him in half is (if the clothing isn´t an issue)

-bleeding heavily, he will die in 60 seconds

-works on NPC´s only

-decapitation, cutting in half and wrist cut include custom blood effects and sounds

-the victims actually scream in pain, whine, cry, shower blood, bleed, and get all stained in their own blood

-----------------------
NPC MOVES AND FEATURES:
-----------------------
Custom added "skills":

-NPC´s all have 3 special skills, all added in real time by this mod

-this means compatibility with all NPC´s from other mods

-the skills determine:

1. How acrobatic the NPC is; how much he dodges acrobatically, whether he can forward flip, and how much he flips over you.
NPC´s armor affects this greatly, the lighter the armor, the higher the chance the NPC can use acrobatis well.

2. How skillfull dodger the NPC is. So there can be non-acrobatic master dodgers, or non-dodging master acrobats.

3. How much the NPC shield bashes you or punches you

-All skills CAN be zero, but they have an upper limit

-Combined with the NPC moves, there´s huge amount of different NPC play styles, so you´ll never know your enemy´s strengths

-NPC´s can dodge your attacks

-this means especially melee attacs, but they have a smaller chance to dodge spells and arrows as well

-Note that NPC´s don´t know what spell is coming, so they may react when you just heal yourself

-as described, the their "skills" play a big role in this

-they can mix and match acrobatics and "normal" dodges, or use heavily either one, and dodge much, or dodge less.

-NPC´s will try to brake free from staggers, by dodging, to avoid possible hits

-Their dodging skill affects how often they succeed in this

-NPC´s can flip forward now too, or jump normally if not acrobatic enough

-they will use these skills to follow you over walls, beds, barrels, ledges, rocks, as they can identify an obstacle

-acrobatic NPC´s may sometimes use the flip to flip over you, getting behind you by supprise

-NPC´s can shield bash you, or if without a shield, counter punch you

-this is TOTALLY spontanious from them

-staggers and has a chance to knock YOU over

-once again, their specific skill determines how much they use this

-punching NPC gathers his hands close to his chest just before the strike, this is the window for your wristcut
---------------
DODGE and FLIP:
---------------

-use by pressing the FlipKey you choosed when starting using this mod

-turning left while pressing the Flipkey once makes you dodge South-East

-turning right while pressing the Flipkey once makes you dodge South-West

-NOT turning and pressing the Flipkey, or pressing Flip + Backwards makes you dodge South

-While the dodge is fast, you can GUIDE IT DURING THE DODGE by turning the mouse

-For example, if you dodge South-East, and continue turning left while dodging, you end up moving more East than South.

-You can´t dodge fully against a wall, as my collision detection has to play it safe

-Dodging is most effective when

1. Enemy has short weapon

2. Enemy is already striking at you

3. Enemy has a slow weapon
-Pressing FORWARD + FLIP makes you Flip Forward

-it´s possible that your next ROTATING LEFT POWERATTACK can decapitate the enemy or cut him in half

-there is no message to you about this, so IT`S RECOMMENDED TO JUST PLAY NORMALLY.

-Every time the enemy´s health reaches milestone like 1/2 health, 1/4 health etc, a new chance is calculated

-when you DO get lucky, the time slows down in your eyes DURING the rotation (for 2s or so), and you hear your heart pumping

-this is the moment to make a desicion: aim head (really aim high) or aim waist (not chest).

-if your hit connects, your aiming decides whether you cut him in half or decapitate him

-if you miss your chance, you wont get another one against that enemy

-you can miss your chance by strike not connecting, or by trying to cut Robes user in half, for example, or by false aiming.

-this is a special effect, and so it´s meant to be fairly rare.

-using your chances effectively, you can decapitate every 10th or 20th enemy, however it depends on many things

-this will probably happen more by an accident, it doesn´t require anything special

-it´s simply an unfortunate (for the NPC) incident of battle, as he tries to counter-punch, but loses his wrist

-it happens if you hit him just when he has his hands together, to his body, just before punching.

-requires that the NPC´s health is less than half of the original

-100% chance to decapite/cut in half is added when this happens, provided you got the skill

Deadly20Reflex203-5.jpg

DeadlyReflex3-1.jpg

-the victims actually scream in pain, whine, cry, shower blood, bleed, and get all stained in their own blood

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=666927
http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=8273

Last edited:
Associate
OP
it tells you in the readme posted above. you'll need to have a blade skill of at least 50 - journeyman as i think the rotating attack refers to the "disarm" move you get at 50, or its the reverse power attack you get at 75-expert.

Associate
OP
SHIVERING ISLES

Just started it tonight, does not disapoint so far..... very impressed.
found out some info though.
firstly there seems to be some issues with black screens and crashing. yep i had this tonight. cured mine by de-activating the mod - Mart's Monster Mod. this has a tempory update to fix it but its slightly unclear about patch states.
the last officia; patch was 1.2.
shivering Isles only requires 1.1 HOWEVER it takes the game to 1.20201 so you need to take that on board when looking at mod fixes.
(if in doubt the load screen tels you your version No in the corner).
Heres a link to Bethesda's hardware and issues forums. there is a fair few problems so if you have troubles i suggest you take a look there.
(one of the posts is building a S.I mod compatibility/problems list which is a great idea).
Bethesda S.I problems forum
I also thought it would be a good idea to de-activate the "unofficial oblivion patch"

here's a link to the UESP Oblivion WIKI - it's already got a Shivering Isles page up. have'nt read it really as i want this expansion to be a suprise.
S.I WIKI

Shall post some screenies soon - ah yes. apparently patch 1.2 and the shivering isles exp 1.20201 apply better shaders or summat. the Isles are definetly very sweet to look at.

If you find have any S.I induced probs and find what the issue/bug/mod compatibility cure is post it here so we can build a knowledge base.

I'll reiterate my mods that cause crashes

MARTEN'S MONSTER MOD - black screen followed by crash (temp patch out)
UNOFFICIAL PATCH - suspect only

Beth have released a beta bug fix patch
http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm

this is to fix the 1.2 shivering isles issues. i'd hold out until they release the final version.

here's the link for a bug fix which slows the game down after 50 hrs of play or so with S.I installed
http://tessource.net/files/file.php?id=10278

(note the beth beta patch contains this fix)

for any mod queeries or bugs induced by S.I go to the official bethesda forums (linked at OP)

there are also updates for construction set and oblivion mod manager
(linked at OP)

i've decided to do a fresh clean uninstall/install and load the newer mod versions rather than incrementals.
im also NOT going to reload S.I until the next bug fix official patch is released.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom