VB.net UML diagrams

Soldato
What version of Visual Studio are you using? I know Visual Studio 2005 has a diagrammatic tool, can't remember if earlier version do.

If not you could try MS Visio or some other diagram tool.

Soldato
I'd suggest Visio too, that's what I've been using for my uni assignments.

It has class objects and relationship links ready for you to insert into the doc. Then just go to properties, insert all your methods/attributes etc and it formats it nicely for you :)

Soldato
you can do an auto generate/ reverse engineer of class diagrams from inside visual studio...

right click the class in solution explorer, select view class diagram, copy and paste into your design documentation.

Of course the visio option is better as it means you can auto generate your code after you've validated the design, but if you just hacked your code together and now need class diagrams for the design documentation auto generation's the way forward...

Soldato
OP
happytechie said:
you can do an auto generate/ reverse engineer of class diagrams from inside visual studio...

right click the class in solution explorer, select view class diagram, copy and paste into your design documentation.

Of course the visio option is better as it means you can auto generate your code after you've validated the design, but if you just hacked your code together and now need class diagrams for the design documentation auto generation's the way forward...

hum, i assume i need the full version for this as i'm using VB.net 2005 express edition.....

Soldato
suarve said:
hum, i assume i need the full version for this as i'm using VB.net 2005 express edition.....

I've no idea I'm afraid mate. if there isn't a view class diagram option then presumably. I've never used anything other than the professional one :confused:

Oddly enough if you are just doing simple class diagrams rather than full fat UML documentation you might find it quicker and easier to use tables in Word. Visio can be a bit heavyweight for simple diagrams.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom