Boot Camp 1.2 beta

Soldato
http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

Boot Camp 1.2 beta includes:

Support for Windows Vista (32-bit)
Updated drivers, including but not limited to trackpad, AppleTime (synch), audio, graphics, modem, iSight camera
Support the Apple Remote (works with iTunes and Windows Media Player)
A Windows system tray icon for easy access to Boot Camp information and actions
Improved keyboard support for Korean, Chinese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, and French Canadian
Improved Windows driver installation experience
Updated documentation and Boot Camp on-line help in Windows
Apple Software Update (for Windows XP and Vista)

Deleted member 329

D

Deleted member 329

yay!

cheers bud... ( this is the new one right ? )

yay

hopefully the windows track pad issues are resolved!

Soldato
installed this last nite and my first step was to remove my xp partition and then reformat it to a larger size and then install vista. Using the new bootcamp beta I reset the disk to a single partition and then restarted. Everything hung on the next reboot. Eventually I worked out how to enter in safe mode which took about 3mins to load. I went in and removed my parallels items from the startup items folder (I read somewhere to remove 3rd party ttems from this folder if osx doesn't book). So I then went on to restart and osx loaded up fine but everything is unbelievably slow. Any got any idea why this would be and how I could solve it? I've decided to keep windows well away from this mac from now on as it is the only thing to ever cause me problems!

Associate
Finally enough i chose last night, completey unaware of this to ditch Parallels and use Boot Camp (Parallels was being far to annoying for my liking). I went to download the Boot Camp install wizard and noticed there was now a much better version available :)

I'm not going near Vista so the support doesn't bother me much, and apart from the installer for the windows drivers being a bit better there isn't really much difference ... that i noticed in the 20mins i was using it for anyway.

jonnyc747 : if i remember correctly you don't actually need to re-format the partition in order to make it bigger, you can just extend it by however much you need. No idea on how to fix your problem by the way, sorry!

Soldato
how do you extend the windows partition then?

I thought you have to format it, make the new partition then re-install windows.
Really need to make my windows partition bigger as I only put it to 15Gb thinking I wouldn't need much, but I need at least 25gb and really don't wanna re-install windows :(

Soldato
Tried&Tested said:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

Boot Camp 1.2 beta includes:

Support for Windows Vista (32-bit)
Updated drivers, including but not limited to trackpad, AppleTime (synch), audio, graphics, modem, iSight camera
Support the Apple Remote (works with iTunes and Windows Media Player)
A Windows system tray icon for easy access to Boot Camp information and actions
Improved keyboard support for Korean, Chinese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, and French Canadian
Improved Windows driver installation experience
Updated documentation and Boot Camp on-line help in Windows
Apple Software Update (for Windows XP and Vista)

Supports Vista?

I. LOVE. YOU.

I have been waiting months for this! THANK YOU!!!!!

Rich

Deleted member 329

D

Deleted member 329

yeah vista support is a good one like...hopefully the final version will have full 64bit vista drivers too! then we can forgo the hastle of getting everything to work!

Associate
Could someone with a Mac and BootCamp kindly extract and mail me the Windows driver for the Apple keyboard from it? I would love to have the F14-F16 and the eject buttons working. :)

Soldato
Made the updated drivers CD last night and ran the CD through the existing XP install on my MBP. Unfortunately ... it bluescreened after the Bluetooth driver, rebooted itself and now nothing USB connected works which includes the internal keyboard/trackpad. All the various safe mode's are the same. Any ideas?

Deleted member 329

D

Deleted member 329

try running it in safe mode maybe?

are you sure you downloaded the MBP boot camp?

i did the same thing on my macbook and it worked fine!

hope you get it sort my magic friend

Soldato
well - it still does the same thing that it did before - freaks out on the GFX card - says it can't find PCI slot 8 and thats what the GFX is in

:(

Getting a tad annoyed with it!

Rich

Soldato
Mine constantly BSOD near the end of the installation, several times after clean installs on the 1.1 bootcamp.

Thank god they included separate drivers for each item, now I just install the chipset drivers, AT and Marvell drivers.

Soldato
MagicBoy said:
Made the updated drivers CD last night and ran the CD through the existing XP install on my MBP. Unfortunately ... it bluescreened after the Bluetooth driver, rebooted itself and now nothing USB connected works which includes the internal keyboard/trackpad. All the various safe mode's are the same. Any ideas?

Fixed now. To those that suggested safe mode - read the original post ;)

Tried mounting the BootCamp drive through Parallels which worked OK. It uses a different hardware profile so I couldn't easily fix the original problem. Installed VNC so I could remote in ... to then discover the Ethernet/Airport were borked when I rebooted into BootCamp. Tried another tack and borrowed an ERD commander CD from work. System Restored back to the previous day's checkpoint and XP worked. Removed the troublesome devices, then re-ran the BootCamp 1.2 drivers and all is now well.

Right - Command and Conquer time :D

Soldato
does it support multi partitions yet? - need a partition for just data (like 90% of the computing world)

would leaving unpartition space on the hdd when installing os x allow you to create another partition after installing bootcamp?

ie
install os x on a 60 gig partition leaving 20 gig free
bootcamp the drive to split the partition to 30ish gig each.
install windows
use disk util to create a third (or 5th depenidng on how you counting) for data.

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone have a problem on windows xp 32bit that sometimes when you bootup, it gets to the desktop screen but takes ages to load and sometimes doesnt load without ending explorer.exe and restarting it ?

This is on an older version of BC, need to download this one but do i have to redo my windows install ?

Associate
tsinc80697 said:
anyone have a problem on windows xp 32bit that sometimes when you bootup, it gets to the desktop screen but takes ages to load and sometimes doesnt load without ending explorer.exe and restarting it ?

This is on an older version of BC, need to download this one but do i have to redo my windows install ?

yeah i used to get that problem every once in a while, haven't had it since updating though :)

Back
Top Bottom