Project: Need your thoughts/ideas

Soldato
OP
I'm going to finally start some work on this project today. I thought about working on the front panel first. What I have in mind is to drill holes through the front panel where the little indented circles are on the right hand side. I could then put some sort of LED behind this.

I'd like to fit 1 or 2 120mm fans behind the section with the indented stripes on the left hand side (on the inside of the case). So I would need some kind of mesh on the outside here for cool air to come in. Any ideas:

What do you think?

frontpanel.jpg

Associate
nah make a new front bezel out of some aluminium plate.

if you are gonna have 2 x 120mm fans towards the bottom of the case it kinda makes the kama bay idea redundant imo.

I'd have a DVD-ROM, DVD-RW, Alphacool LCD / iMON Ultra, then your main boot drive inside a silentmaxx enclosure.

stealth the 2 dvd drives as best as poss and have the LCD screen towards the top of the tower.

gloss black / carbon fibre look ***.

Soldato
mishima said:
How am I going to do that?! I'm not an engineer. I also prefer the matte look over the glossy sort of look.

Buy some aluminium sheets. Get som tools (Jigsaw, drill, files etc) and get cutting. Metal work is really not as hard as it sounds, it just requires some planning and determination. ;)

Associate
order a piece of plate aluminium the correct size for your needs then all you have to do is use a jigsaw to cut the 5.25" bay openings and then drill a couple of holes for a power switch and the led's.

not too hard to do, but it will take some time, if you wanna get into case modding you have to be prepared to get your hands dirty, and as has been said before, jumping in at the deep end is often the best way to learn!

Soldato
OP
Hadn't realised but the front panel dismantles so it looks like below. So what I can do is use that on the left as a frame and get some sheets on metal for the spaces and that will allow me to play around a bit with the design of the front panel:

frontpanel2.jpg

Soldato
OP
I'm going to be putting in a Kama-Bay in the top section and obviously an optical drive etc. I may as I have said put some sort of lighting feature on the front panel lower section.

Soldato
OP
Going to set me back a bit though isn't it? had a brief look and they are £30+ wanted to spend minimal amount on this case as I bought a Zen and the quality isn't the same as this old thing and the space isn't even comparable.

Back
Top Bottom