Would you rather be hit by....

Soldato
Following on from another thread,
Assuming you couldnt avoid it, you would be hit dead centre and the car/bike was doing around 30mph.
Would you rather be hit by a common road car or a common road bike?

By cars I mean standard small cars, hatches and saloons, not including 4x4's etc. Bikes dont include scooters or little 125 commuter bikes etc just standard sports bikes and cruisers.

Ive asked a few friends and they all said bike.

Fairly random thread I know, but I want to know if im the only person who would rather be hit by a larger heavier car than a smaller lighter bike :o

Soldato
If I didn't know about motorbikes, I'd say I'd rather be hit by a bike.

Now that I'm a biker and I realise how damn heavy a motorbike is, I'd much rather be hit by a car with a nice deformable bonnet.

When a motor vehicle hits a pedestrian, weight is irrelevant.

Soldato
I'd rather be hit by a car, because at least me and the occupants of the other vehicle will be relatively unharmed, whereas the dude on the bike would come off worse.

What a silly thread really.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Definitely the car, nice soft bonnet to land on :).

Of course there's far less chance of being hit by the bike so if the question was "what would you have heading straight for you at 60mph" I'd choose the bike as there's a good chance I could dive out of the way!!

Associate
Car.

if i was hit by a bike its possible both me and the biker would get killed. Its the thing i want to avoide... riding in london is horrible with all the suicidal cycalists and peds. is like a game of dodgems.

Soldato
i have a file at the moment where a girl was crossing a road, there was a lot of stationary traffic. thats all she remembers.

she was involved in a collison with a 50cc moped. it seems she stepped into the road as it was possing. her left leg was broken to the left, the bone hanging out, the lot.

so whatever you walk infront of, its going to suck

Back
Top Bottom