My Project For The Summer!

Associate
OP
that bottom rectangular hole wasnt there yesterday.

Ive been reading up about that psone screen mod and i dnt like the look of it :S and will probably not work on my nvidia card, has any1 got any ideas for a a different screen to use?

Last edited:
Caporegime
just checked, mini monitor, not sure what inputs it used but was 2.5" and was going for about £40incl ;)

edit 7" for bout same price, would it fit? :confused:

Associate
I'll be watchign this thread, I was considering building myself a new case from scratch, but the pland I had were a little wild and frankly beyond my ability.

When I finally get my workshop up and running I'll be joining this pimping-out-old-server-cases phase.

Good luck, looks to be an awesome mod, just don't give up. Comprimise is your enemy in these situations, 'It'll have to do' isn't somthing you say.

Just remember to take your time, measure thrice, cut once. Buy the right bits and don't -ever- settle for less than perfect. Never rush anything.

Do as I say, not as I do!

Most of all good luck! and keep us posted

:)

Associate
OP
**UPDATE**

ok i had a stroke of luck today at work! they were throwing some old shelving out some of which was still in its box and i manged to salvage a big bit of 2mm steel! and best of all 100x30cm peice of transparent perspex still sealed!!!

Associate
OP
ok i have found a solution to the monitor problem. Im gona use a headrest monitor. The specs are below.

Lilliput 508GL-65NPHD
6.5" Headrest Monitor with Video In & Front Earphone Jack

Four display mode for choice (Wide/Normal/Full/Zoom)
On Screen Display menu control (Multi-language)
2 RCA video inputs, Audio Input
Built-in speaker & earphone jack
Picture X-turn (mirror picture) & Y-turn
Colour System: PAL-4.43, NTSC-3.58
High Resolution: 280800 pixels
Audio Output: >100mW
Power Consumption: <9.5W
Dimension: 162*109x28mm 176*22*31mm (with headrest)

£54 + VAT (£63.45 inc VAT)
then il get a S-Video / composite video adapter and hey presto :D

what do people think?

Associate
Sounds awesome to me, the monitor in the front will look slick. Good idea to use a headrest monitor I was going to post getting on but you beta me to it.

Just one question whats gonna be displayed on this incy wincy screen?

Associate
OP
**UPDATE**
PC-M Vip3r said:
Just one question whats gonna be displayed on this incy wincy screen?

Well if i can get the itunes artwork slider full screen on it i would be chuffed :) so the cover would change when it when it moves onto the next track. i wish i could have put a touch screen in then i could have slid the artwork along to, but i dnt have that much to spend, but maybe when they come down in price :)

Got bord again, i cut the hole out of the top of the case above where the radiator is gonna be illuminated :D

CIMG0426.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
that would be good if you could get that to work, maybe write a program to display temps ont here aswel? If you could get a touch screen you could have like sliders on the screen to change fans speeds etc, will be a bit good. Can't wait to see finished product.

Associate
OP
yep it would *dreams* lol i think il get a standard monitor to start with. then get a touch screen when they are cheaper. im trying to save for my new rig nxt monnth aswell, c2d e6600 etc etc

Associate
OP
thanks :D oh i have a question, im putting the radiator at the top of the case above the psu, seems more logical to have the pump at the bottom. There is currently holes for a 80mm fan there, how can i mount my 120mm radiator there? cut the 80mm fan holes out? i want to keep everything internal.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok so i think ive decided on cooling (a little unsure)

i think il get the swiftech h20 -120 3/8 kit andbuy an extra 120mm radiator. Because the case isnt long enough to mount a 240mm radiator on the roof :( and i cant find anywhere else internally.

So 1 will go at the back of the case at the top with a fan drawing air from the outside and the other on the top of the motherboard tray but this will only be able to get air from inside the case :S

i dunno if thats gonna hinder its performace a lot or not :S what do people think? will it be able to take a vga block aswell?

But on the plus i have ordered the 5.8" monitor :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom