Recommend Me A Case For - PC Repair Business

Soldato
Hi chaps,

I started my AV business almost 18months ago now. In that time I have taken on more and more IT work and it's started to overtake the AV side of things.

I am going to be building up a few basic rigs for component testing and also used to repair HDD's and the like.

I am looking for the following features in a case:

• Plain design, no fancy doors, lights or flashy bits that could easily break off.
  • No sharp edges, don't want to cut myself.
  • Easy to add and remove drives (this is quite important, my own Lian Li case has a nice HDD cage which slides out)
  • Relatively cheap/well priced. I don't mind buying second hand as long as I can get 2-3 identical cases.
  • Not too compact so components are easy to get to, sometimes removing a PSU can be a pain!

Alternatively, if you can think of a better setup than a couple of base units then please recommend them. Perhaps I am missing something obvious?

Thanks guys!

Chris

Soldato
OP
w3bbo said:
Why have any cases - its much easier and less time consuming to test hardware 'out of the box' so to speak.
I have been thinking this.

However, what surface would be safe to use to place the hardware onto? Anti-static, grounded mat? I am refitting the garage over the summer into a workshop.

I was considering getting some motherboard trays but did a search on ebay and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for the reply, hope you reply back some more :)

Associate
you could butcher an old lay-down type case (older ones where the monitor sat on top)

For testing I just cut the sides off a larger one of these and used it as a base.. you'd have to sand/grind down the corners (can be quite sharp) but it's a simple and functional platform, cheap, easy to move... everythign really.

Goold luck!

Permabanned
Paolo said:
I use 2 of these myself (had to crop it,competitor logo splattered accross the top)

^^£75.00 inc VAT

here's a bigger version of it ;)
1476.jpg

^^£110.00 inc VAT

Back
Top Bottom