Parking nearish to Stansted

Ben

Ben

Associate
Picking my Girlfriend up from Stansted tomorrow afternoon (coming up from Kent).
Is there anywhere 10-15 minutes away that I can park at for free, e.g. a supermarket, and wait for her to SMS me after she gets off the plane. So I'm not hanging around paying for rather expensive parking?

Cheers

Ben

Ben

Ben

Associate
OP
GSXRMovistar said:
Don't be a cheapskate, spend a few quid on parking and meet your lass at the gate to carry her bags etc to the car rather than sitting in the car up the road. :p

lol, I plan to, but as I know from picking her up from Heathrow last time, her plane was delayed by about 20 mins, but I have a friend who lived about 20 minutes away so stayed at his until the plane landed, left and got there a few minutes before she came out of baggage claim... perfect timing :D

Suspended
A couple of my friends who work there also suggest the service station at the M11 just before the turn off.

Although I do agree with the comments above, dont be a cheap skate lol...go and park up...if she is delayed...used that time to go get her some flowers, and suck up the expensive fees lol!

Ben

Ben

Associate
OP
regulus said:
i parked there 3 days ago. Cost me £1.50 for the hour. You can afford that

If it is £1.50 for an hour then that's fair enough, however I can't find anything to back that up, and according to the official stansted site if you go over an hour then it is £5.20.

Thanks all for the suggestions though. :)

Suspended
a fiver to pick your girlfriend up from the airport??

Im assuming she paid for her flights though? Cause I mean anything over a fiver in flights would possibly be a tad expensive? Ryanair has some good bargins this time of year though....

Dread to think where youll be taking her for dinner lol...

Soldato
Ben said:
If it is £1.50 for an hour then that's fair enough, however I can't find anything to back that up, and according to the official stansted site if you go over an hour then it is £5.20.

Thanks all for the suggestions though. :)

I parked in the Orange car park in row K i believe. Trust me mate, it's 1.50

Back
Top Bottom