NeoOffice

Associate
NeoOffice 2.1 is finally out, and looks so[/i] much more mac like :D

sample.jpg

So, those of you who don't want to pay the ridiculous amount for MS Office 2004, have you downloaded the update yet? If so, what do you think?

For me the new look seems so much nicer, there is no way i'm buying MS Office 2008 now this is out, its even much faster than the 2.0 beta :)

Soldato
mosfet said:
I'd probably use it if it wasn't for the hideous logo and silly name :)

Change the logo, ignore the name. :D

I've tried it for 1 of my coursework, definitely feels faster than MS:O2004 and Im hoping with more use, I'll like it - save me from buying MS:O2008. I remember using it back around 1.5, where the power point slides printing was an issue, might have a try soon to see if it's still an issue...

Associate
The only issues I've found in using for the last few months have been graphical glitches that can affect the whole screen and poor playback of powerpoint slides.

I'm going to stick with Office:Mac and Keynote until OO.o or iWork are the better option. I was hoping that MS would cancel Office for Mac to kick the competitors' arses in to gear.

Associate
OP
MaxPower said:
What an odd reason not to use an application. :D

It does look a lot more mac like now.

Its free, what do you expect eh :p

The logo and name aren't exactly professional, but its still pretty good considering its free. Its definetly a nice application for people who don't think they'd benefit from a £300 office suite. If only there was as good a Photoshop equivalent :p (i've tried GIMP and Seashore, but they just don't come close to the real thing :()

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Funnily enough, I was looking at this last night..

Didn't even realise it was an update as I don't use it ( :o ) but I have to say it looks amazing for a free application!

The logo bugs the hell out of me though lol

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Mark JB said:
How To Solve The Icon Problem! :D

I dont like how the window resizes or how somehow documents look less "nice" but as a free application you cant knock it!

;)
I know how to change the icon, but you'd think they'd ship it with a nicer one. Also, why use that site when you could use Apple+C and Apple+V to do it in seconds? ;)

Can anyone say they'd conciously want it in their dock?!

Soldato
yup, its fantastic, the old version used to ALWAYS crash when I closed it prompting unwanted document recovery prompts... thankfully no more!

Back
Top Bottom