Leopard due for June?

Caporegime
Hi folks,

Had a quick look so I don't think is a repost.

Check the latest Leopard rumour!

Here

For those at work, heres the quoted text

Apple's Leopard set for June launch -- WWDC?

While we're all waiting to see what Apple and EMI have in store for us later today, feast on this: the latest Leopard rumor. Dubbed an "exclusive" by Think Secret, they cite the usual "reliable sources" calling for a Leopard release in June, "most likely at or around its Worldwide Developers Conference" scheduled for 11 June -- the purported iPhone launch date. Recall that during WWDC 2006, Jobs' called for a spring release and technically, Apple has until June 21st before spring has sprung. TS's proclamation also aligns with Gartenberg's own confirmation of a spring release as noted last week. TS is also reinforcing the commonly held notion that Leopard will be a "more significant release than anyone expected" as there is "much more to come" in the final release than Apple has been willing to share in the developer builds. They also claim that Apple will be launching their long overdue iLife and iWork updates with "extensive Leopard-dependent features" at the same time. So does this all point to Multitouch support or a Beryl-like 3D interface? Who knows. One thing is clear, June is shaping up to be a pinnacle month for Apple and the faithful.

Fingers crossed!

Associate
I'm not sure, personally i'm thinking early May for a Leopard launch with a suprise event being held. June is still a few months away and they've run out of 10.4.* releases, it can't be too much longer now.

Leopard is definetly going to be much more than what has already been unveiled, thats for sure :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
MagSafe said:
I'm not sure, personally i'm thinking early May for a Leopard launch with a suprise event being held. June is still a few months away and they've run out of 10.4.* releases, it can't be too much longer now.

Leopard is definetly going to be much more than what has already been unveiled, thats for sure :)

Indeed.

Can't wait to get back to Mac OS X - wish I'd never of sold my iBook - :(

Soldato
One of my work colleagues has the Apple Developer accounts (the paid for one) and has said that the Leopard builds haven't changed since around febuary, so that may be an indication that they are slowing down and wrapping it up.

Rich

Associate
i rang apple uk and they are prepared to sell me a macbook pro c2d (17 inch) minus the cost to upgrade to Leopard when it becomes available xxx question is xxx are there any hardware revisions in the offing?

Soldato
weebobster said:
i rang apple uk and they are prepared to sell me a macbook pro c2d (17 inch) minus the cost to upgrade to Leopard when it becomes available xxx question is xxx are there any hardware revisions in the offing?

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

Thats a nice deal you got there, might have to give them a buzz and try it myself. :)

All upcomming 'rumours' about the MBP don't interest me, and wouldn't benefit my use much, so I'll be getting one soon.

Soldato
Bad News
MacRumors said:
iPhone contains the most sophisticated software ever shipped on a mobile device, and finishing it on time has not come without a price -- we had to borrow some key software engineering and QA resources from our Mac OS® X team, and as a result we will not be able to release Leopard at our Worldwide Developers Conference in early June as planned.

Damn it.
Well, at least I hope by the time Leopard is out, I'll have more funds and new Apple Hardware - something along the lines of an iMac...

Soldato
I just saw it on Digg myself. Quite shocked tbh. :(

There goes my "Hi, Leopard is coming out soon, money off for the upgrade plx" :o

Associate
I am a bit gutted, especially as they are delaying the OS for a release of a phone which is a totally different market. Which we wont get here untill at least christmas. They best show all of Leopards features at the WWDC and they best be worth the wait!

Caporegime
That puts a nice spanner in my works. I was hoping to get a new Macbook with Leopard on when I got to uni in Sept. Might have to wait til Oct/Nov now before I get it. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom