LE32N73BD Ghosting?

Associate
Hey All,

I have had my LE32N73BD setup for a couple of weeks now, and I have noticed that it ghosts pretty bad. It only seems to ghost dark colours tho, even worse if the dark colours are next to bright colours.

I'm just wondering if this is common with all N73 / LCD TV's or is my set faulty?

It happens on Gears of War pretty much all the time, the ghost trails are between 1 - 2 cm's long, and are a sort of dark red colour.

Cheers in advance :)

MonkieMann

Soldato
MonkieMann said:
Sorry, I'm also wondering if anyone knows how to turn dynamic contrast off on the N73 range? I hear turning it off makes things look better?

cheers :)

ghosting on mine isn't noticeable, though i haven't looked. And yes you are right, turning dynamic contrast off does make a difference, go into menu, then picture settings and at the top of the menu it says dynamic, go across to that and press ok and choose any of the others, i have it set to movie, it improves SD picture quite a lot.

Associate
OP
Cool thanks, yea you can only see it if you look for it, but once you see it, you notice it all the time, even when you sat a good 3 meters away :(

I'll try the movie mode, another forum told me that movie mode is the only mode that doesn't have dynamic contrast enabled, is this true?

Do you know if you can disable it for all modes?

Cheers :)

Soldato
I have a samsung le32r74bdx i found using movie mode (not sure if the n7 range have this or anything similar) turns off all the gimmicky software and allowed the panel to perform much better. Very little to no ghosting now for me :)

Back
Top Bottom