Just Quit WoW - What to play now?

Associate
OP
Morat you still play AA?

And yeah i've been thinking about a console, like the look of the wii but not sure how they would perform on a HDTV

Anyway a bit of the other games mentioned will do for now :)

Associate
I really dont understand you people who keep on saying well done on getting your life back due to quitting WoW! Did you all have some major addiction problem that meant you could never log out or something?

I play it and have a life. Funnily enough, it is possible.

Associate
OP
Drukk said:
I really dont understand you people who keep on saying well done on getting your life back due to quitting WoW! Did you all have some major addiction problem that meant you could never log out or something?

I play it and have a life. Funnily enough, it is possible.

How many hours a week are you playing it for? I was logging 38hrs a week every week and in some cases up to 42. Its insane when you look at it to spend that much time on a game is unhealthy, but when your playing it you simply don't notice.

Associate
0gami said:
How many hours a week are you playing it for? I was logging 38hrs a week every week and in some cases up to 42. Its insane when you look at it to spend that much time on a game is unhealthy, but when your playing it you simply don't notice.

Pre-TBC I would say it was a life sap to an extent with the large 40 man raids but now its a lot more casual friendly. I usually do 1 kara raid and a couple of heroics a week which I dont really think is excessive. The non-heroic instances can be run in approx 2 hours now.

Soldato
0gami said:
Morat you still play AA?

Not for a few months, but having given up on BF2, it will be making a return. I see Nelly and Hammer on x-fire every now and then, so I might give it another go.

Super Spandex (City of Heroes) and S.T.A.L.K.E.R have been taking up the hours most recently.

Soldato
If you have been playing WOW for ages then I would suggest going to reintroduce yourself to your family and friends...maybe sleep for a bit...and work on your tan!

Well done for giving up!

Just dont go back again :mad:

Soldato
I seriously recommend Oblivion and Stalker, they are like methadone for WoW. They both have the elements that make WoW seem addictive (character development, freedom, etc) into a single player package that is comparitively easy to pick up as well as put down.

Soldato
Sold my wow account.

Been playing company of Heros, command & Conquer, Test Drive, Stalker, Battlefield 2 and 2142, CSS, Neverwinternights 2, Gaming has not been this good in ages!!!

Also PS3. Final Fight + Tony Hawk

Associate
Guild Wars is nothing like WoW. You can jump in for a short fix of RPG-style team-based PvP arena action for 20' and then jump out again, back to whatever it is you were doing.

You CAN get addicted if you do this several dozen times a day, but hey, anything can take over your life if you let it, the point with GW is it doesn't need to for you to feel you're getting something out of it. :D

Soldato
manveruppd said:
Guild Wars is nothing like WoW. You can jump in for a short fix of RPG-style team-based PvP arena action for 20' and then jump out again, back to whatever it is you were doing.

You CAN get addicted if you do this several dozen times a day, but hey, anything can take over your life if you let it, the point with GW is it doesn't need to for you to feel you're getting something out of it. :D
don't you like REALLY need the expansions to get anywhere?

Back
Top Bottom