This is why I love apple.....

Soldato
Following on from my battery trouble thread, I was advised by apple technical support line to visit the apple store to get my macbook looked at. The issue was that after 7 months of very heavy use, my battery would only last about 2 hours but was reassured that I was covered by warranty.

So on Sunday afternoon I decided to quickly pop into the Regent St store and just discuss the issue I was having and the woman booked me an appointment for the Genius Bar for Tuesday (today). I popped in this morning and had a chat with one of the Genius people and he was happy to give me a battery replacement and I also asked him about a crack that was developing on the bottom of the right handside palm area. Basically what happened was that at some point the ridge on the top of the screen to the right of the iSight must have been pushed against the casing once the macbook was in the closed position. Anyway, he talked to his manager and said that they will replace the entire screen bezel and palm rest panel for me for free when they do my battery! So I just have to wait for a call in a couple of days, drop in my macbook and then he said they will take a few days to sort it! I am really happy with this service I must say:)

Soldato
porkrind said:
customer service to die for :p

Indeed, but if you die there's no need to give you customer service anymore. ;)

One slight problem, Apple Stores are hardly a local visit, unless you're blessed and live near one.

Soldato
OP
WotDa said:
Indeed, but if you die there's no need to give you customer service anymore. ;)

One slight problem, Apple Stores are hardly a local visit, unless you're blessed and live near one.

I guess i'm quite blessed, 2 tube stops away from Oxford Circus:D

Soldato
Nice, I'm not really local to any Apple stores, but would happily travel to one to get that kind of service.

Soldato
I have had both a good and bad experience with apple customer support and applecare.

First was on my iBook when the DVD drive went, and it was picked up, sent, repaired and returned in about four days.

My bad experience was with my Mac Pro getting the generic 250GB SATA HDD replaced, took me hours of phone calls and broken promises to get a spare one sent out - ended up being 2 weeks for a run of the mill part.

So they are very good - but sometimes they are a bit stick in the mud about stuff.

Rich

Associate
good customer service, but you pay for it one way or another...

i'll never forget the day i went into the trafford centre apple store to get my ibook looked at - the catch had broken so it didn't close properly, they quoted me something in the region of £300 to fix it, i nearly had a stroke and promptly walked out... :eek:

Associate
D_S_81 said:
good customer service, but you pay for it one way or another...

i'll never forget the day i went into the trafford centre apple store to get my ibook looked at - the catch had broken so it didn't close properly, they quoted me something in the region of £300 to fix it, i nearly had a stroke and promptly walked out... :eek:

Thats why you pay for AppleCare (although i'm still in the process of considering it!)

Soldato
My friend who works in the Apple store in Southampton (as a Genius) said that on their 'graduation' day, they all had to stand in a circle (around 15 of them) and one-by-one run around the inside of the circle hi-fiving everyone.

Soldato
FirebarUK said:
My friend who works in the Apple store in Southampton (as a Genius) said that on their 'graduation' day, they all had to stand in a circle (around 15 of them) and one-by-one run around the inside of the circle hi-fiving everyone.

LMAO :p

On topic my sister has had her iPod replaced more times than I can remember

Last edited:
Soldato
punky_munky said:
Does anyone know how much it would cost to get an out of warranty iPod video screen replaced? It's cracked inside.

My old 4th gen was going to cost £180, so I bought a 30gig video. :p

Soldato
Will_3rd said:
my sister has had her iPod replaced as many times as I can remember
Obviously you mean more times than you can remember ;)

I just wish they'd hurry up and open a store in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Newcastle.

Back
Top Bottom