Is there anything wrong with drinking tap water?

Permabanned
Macabre said:
I've never known water to have a "taste" its all the same imo.

I find the taste of water varies a lot, especially at other peoples houses/other locations... ;)

I think this is because our water is really cruddy and it takes over 1 minute of running the cold tap for it to actually get COLD! :mad:

Soldato
I drink tap and filtered just as a matter of convenience.

What I do find is that if I have a glass of tap water by the bed when I sleep then it tastes crap by morning. Filtered still tastes great after the same amount of time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Scuzi said:
I don't drink the filth on tap here in Windsor. It comes out of the tap cloudy and warm and looks like effluent from a factory.

That's right - it's just up the road from the Coca-Cola factory where they were bottling it and selling it as 'premium' and 'Pure' Dasani water.

Lovely.

Soldato
A2Z said:
i wouldnt touch tap water in this country !

in europe, especially in the Med, its much better, nobody buys bottled water except the silly tourists :p
Except in the middle of the summer when the cold tap is almost hot. We have one of those office style water butt things. It's great. :)

Caporegime
Tap water is better for your teeth as it has fluoride to stop cavities forming, has some disadvantages though

Too much=
The most widely accepted adverse effect of low concentration fluoridation at this time is fluorosis [4]. It is a condition caused by 'excessive' intake of fluorine compounds over an extended period of time, and can cause yellowing of teeth

Source . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoride

Suspended
Azagoth said:
Think about it, Evian is Naive backwards! ;)
This attitude is one of my pet hates: people who think that you'd have to be nuts to drink Evian because, hey, it's only water, and the company that makes it are ripping you off something crazy because, hey, it's only water, and you can get that for free out of a tap! Guess what:

a) Contrary to popular opinion, WATER ISN'T FREE.
b) It's imported from France.
c) Plastic bottles aren't free.
d) Their staff don't work for nothing.
e) The manufacturer marks it up.
f) The distributor marks it up.
g) The store marks it up.
h) Evian genuinely tastes better than most tap water.
i) If you're thirsty, a bottle of water is healthy compared to a can of Coke.

Associate
i watched a program not to long ago 50 things you didnt know about food or summin and apparently mineral water isnt that good for you if thats all you drink apparently doesnt contain enough floride which keeps your teeth healthy and from rotting.

Soldato
Daily Mail said:
A Potentially deadly toxin is being absorbed into bottled mineral water from their plastic containers. And the longer the water is stored, the levels of poison increase, research reveals. As the sell-by date on many bottled waters is up to two years, scientists have now called for extensive further studies.

The research by . . . . . . . . .

I orginally read this in New Scientist, but heres a link to the full article from the Daily Mail. I cannot seem to find the one from New Scientist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ess.html?in_article_id=379624&in_page_id=1798

Back
Top Bottom