Barcelona

Soldato
Me and a couple of my mates want to go to Barcelona for a few days this summer. Probably for about 5 nights in July sometime.

Can anyone recommend a hostel or a hotel near the 'action', so to speak? In fact now would be a good time to ask where the action is, is there a main clubbing area in the city? Any information would be much appreciated :)

Soldato
Theres a few ok-ish hotels in/near the La Rambla, I think Hesperria have a 3* on the Rambla.

Main action is mainly Rambla/Barri Gotica, then there's Montjuic and of course Sagrada Familia.

Soldato
I went there last year in September. Stayed in a hotel called San Agustin just off La Rambla. We went for my mates stag do and to be honest I was a little disappointed with Barcelona. I think Malaga or Benalmadena would have been better as the clubs are bigger and better, Barcelona was all small bars, a lot of places were empty too.

Man of Honour
very well regarded is a place called kabul, just off la ramblas in placa reial.

it's not a clubbing place really, there are loads of good bars, generally quite small and a few good clubs around. but it's far from clubbing central, if thats your scene then go to ibiza or something, barcelona has never pretended to be that kind of place (thank god).

Suspended
Serj said:
Me and a couple of my mates want to go to Barcelona for a few days this summer. Probably for about 5 nights in July sometime.

Can anyone recommend a hostel or a hotel near the 'action', so to speak? In fact now would be a good time to ask where the action is, is there a main clubbing area in the city? Any information would be much appreciated :)

I stayed there twice before Christmas, I recommend the Hotel Grand Marina - it was around £100 or so a night (5 Star) is really nice!

Here is the link

It's a short walk from the Ramblas, and is right on the harbour front near some lovely restaurants etc.

Soldato
I'm stopping at the Hotel Del Mar in July with the girlfriend and a few mates, just a short walk up the harbour from the Ramblas. Cost is £530 for a twin room. Main reason for going is for www.summercase.com 2 nights of a festival which should be good, cost for a ticket for that is £65'ish, then it's a few days on the beach and a bit of shopping. Got the flights for £80 each return also, so a nice little cheap holiday.

Soldato
watch out for pickpockets.

My wife and I seen 2 in action in las ramblas.

My wife shouted at one and he followed us for a while. Scary as he seemed to be on drugs and very shabby. We started looking for the police but didn't see a single one (no wonder there are so many pickpockets around :rolleyes: )

They seem to congregate around the street artists so be aware of where your wallet is at all times.

Apart from that it's a great city on the beach and I'd love to return. We stayed in the nuria a nice clean hotel near the neucamp.

Soldato
OP
Sorry been away from the PC for a few days.

Cheers for the replies. Yeah we aren't into clubbing much, probably the wrong phrase to use really! I meant the late night bar areas and stuff tbh.

Back
Top Bottom