OcUK Photo Comp - Season Six : Round Four - "Close Up & Macro" DISCUSSION

Soldato
n30_mkii said:
I have posted my shot now, a little different hopefully, but the entries this time seem very strong, might change it before the comp is over

Thats a very strange entry n30, can i ask what it is?

And thanks Danza, your dead fly looks very professional. How did you move it without it breaking to bits? Assuming you did move it to a white background?

Soldato
-Tauren- said:
And thanks Danza, your dead fly looks very professional. How did you move it without it breaking to bits? Assuming you did move it to a white background?

Carefully ;)

The thing is, it's on a red background. I did originally shoot it for colour, but it didn't quite gel, so that's the reason it's b&w (for now at least)!

Looks like n3o's shot is of a 'sprig' of cactus spikes.

Soldato
danza said:
Carefully ;)

The thing is, it's on a red background. I did originally shoot it for colour, but it didn't quite gel, so that's the reason it's b&w (for now at least)!

Looks like n3o's shot is of a 'sprig' of cactus spikes.

Ah i see, thanks, i can see why you changed it from colour to black and white as a dead fly on a red BG wont look all that good. I got a nice shot of a bee today. although, it didn't smile. :p

Soldato
There. I posted the colour version in the entries thread. The BG I used was too textured really. That, and my sensor is filthy too!

I have my eye on a different subject, but I'm not too sure how it's going to work out yet...

Soldato
danza said:
There. I posted the colour version in the entries thread. The BG I used was too textured really. That, and my sensor is filthy too!

I have my eye on a different subject, but I'm not too sure how it's going to work out yet...

Ah, i much prefer that to the B&W version! Shame to hide such great colours, and the B&W seemed to of lost a lot of detail on the fly. I just generally feel the colour version makes the shot that little bit more interesting.

Soldato
keeping the colour of the fly but with the white background would look cool, even keeping the wings red would look pretty snazzy, whether it would go towards points in the competition though, :p

Soldato
-Tauren- said:
keeping the colour of the fly but with the white background would look cool, even keeping the wings red would look pretty snazzy, whether it would go towards points in the competition though, :p

:D I don't want to go too psychedellic!

I'll reshoot the fella against a white BG tomorrow afternoon, if I can find the time!

Back
Top Bottom