Similar films to Akira/GITS 1&2

Caporegime
Saw Akira years ago and loved it. Recently seen Ghost in The Shell 1 & 2, preferred 1 (boy do they love their never ending monologues that explain the story perfectly in GITS - is this case with other Anime films out of curiosity? ). Any others people reconmend (on sci-fi side)?

Last edited:
Permabanned
i've found that even though Anime has a lot of Sci Fi, it's very difficult to find the good stuff.

I saw the Cowboy Bebop Movie the other day and that was quite good, Fist of the North Star is a great bit of post apocolyptica.

I'm gonna watch this thread though cos i've been asking myself that question a lot as well.

Soldato
Appleseed is a good film.

Final Fantasy the Spirits Within is a good film if you pretend it doesn't have Final Fantasy in the name.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is good but if you never played the game it might confuse you.

Armitage: Dual Matrix and Armitage III are good films.

Black Magic M-66 isn't too bad.

Casshern is live action but is based on an anime and looks more like one than a real film.

Metropolis is a good film, the animation is a bit kiddy but the story isn't.

The Patlabor movies are good, Patlabor the Movie, Patlabor, Mobile Police and Patlabor Wasted XIII.

I would also recommend you check out the Ghost in the Shell TV series, you can get both 26 episode series for about £30 each and they are well worth watching if you liked the movies.

Back
Top Bottom