My Dads new toy... (New CTR/Upgrades)

Associate
Looking good markyb, they do look better in the flesh. I love Civic's but in my humble opinion Honda have dropped the ball and gone in the wrong direction.

Styling - fine thats always down to personal opinion, just their choice of suspension and drivetrain thats let it down. Must admit, I prefer the earlier EP3 styling too dude ;)

Associate
Oh my goodness!

Its absolutely amazing looking! I personally wouldnt pay that for the SAT NAV, as a Nuvi would be far superior and easier to use for £150.

Im tempted myself, but would love a quote on finance figures!

Soldato
Stunning Mark - I bet John is well chuffed :)
Has he worked out how to use the Sat Nav yet :p

Last edited:
Soldato
That looks stunning!!!.

I didnt like the looks of the new Civic when it first came out, but as has already been said, its growing on me now.

3 door looks better than the 5, thats for sure.

I too have yet to see a new shape CTR on the roads, but those pics certainly do the car justice!!.

Wee sisters fiance had a black 04 CTR and bought a 2005 WRX last year. He longs for his CTR back again after the Scooby's novelty has worn off and is now looking at trading in for a new shape CTR. will post pics if he gets it soon.

Soldato
OP
SDK^ said:
Stunning Mark - I bet John is well chuffed :)
Has he worked out how to use the Sat Nav yet :p

lol, no not at all Pete :p

Going round there at the weekend to try and teach them how to use it properly. They have used it a little but still unsure.

Ill try and get a few shots of inside. Its quite different to mine. Its still running in so can't rev it to hard atm. ...Ill think Ill wait till its run in to have a go ;) :D

Associate
have to agree about the rear, its a mess, another 3 sided beuty, much like the alfa 147 where I could never get comfortable with the front end for same reason

but its not enough to stop me buying one after a very nice test drive last week :)

Soldato
So when are we going to see massive pricedrops to the older shaped civic type-r's ? :D

Both look nice. Must admit i love the interior of the new CTR's but still prefer the old overall...atm!

Soldato
I prefer the interior of the new one, except the dash is very busy (guess it takes getting used to).

Rear end is atrocious though, and performance wise it's no better than the outgoing model (worse in fact given its heavier).. Honda have sold out the Type-R brand imo. :(

Associate
Durzel said:
and performance wise it's no better than the outgoing model (worse in fact given its heavier).. :(

that comment would only be relevant in power/weight ratio debate, it corners better and the vtec kicks in sooner, if you owned/own an original CTR and have compared to a new one then I'll step down :)

I think OP will be in a good position to state his findings when he gets the chance in the near future.

As far as Honda selling out, that's going to be a never ending debate, times change and customers expectations and demands do as well, I test drove an original ctr when selling my VTEC prelude some years ago, I found it very peaky and not ideal for journeys of more than 30 miles at a time.

The new one is much more dare I say "civilised" with the ability to deliver big fun when you need it. For me it ticks all my boxes, for others it wont. But at least we are in the position to choose, as there are more hot hatches to choose from these days than I can remember.

Permabanned
my bro wants one, has done for a while now but IMO i absoloutly hate them, looks like a suped up pug 206 ....thought the R type came with 18" rims as standard??? or do they have an optional 18" style available as an alt upgrade?.......personally detest them but each to there own....hope you and pops have fun :) mmmmmmmmmm new car smell :p

Soldato
Stephen B said:
that comment would only be relevant in power/weight ratio debate, it corners better and the vtec kicks in sooner, if you owned/own an original CTR and have compared to a new one then I'll step down :)

I think OP will be in a good position to state his findings when he gets the chance in the near future.

As far as Honda selling out, that's going to be a never ending debate, times change and customers expectations and demands do as well, I test drove an original ctr when selling my VTEC prelude some years ago, I found it very peaky and not ideal for journeys of more than 30 miles at a time.

The new one is much more dare I say "civilised" with the ability to deliver big fun when you need it. For me it ticks all my boxes, for others it wont. But at least we are in the position to choose, as there are more hot hatches to choose from these days than I can remember.
I own the old shape one and I've had an extended test drive of the new one.

I agree with what you say regarding it being more civilised, and the interior definitely feels more like you're getting your monies worth. The seats are better and the driving position feels more like being in an S2000 (which is awesome as a drivers car). If it was pushing 225bhp+, or was turbocharged/supercharged (i.e. easier to extract more power from) then I would've been more keen, but I didn't fancy paying £6k+ on a trade-in for what is ostensibly a slower car than my current one.

Back
Top Bottom