Just got Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Soldato
TurnipHead said:
Oh, and avoid at all costs turning into a vampire. If you like to cheat, then no problem. If you don't cheat, have fun being a vampire for ages (you only can become a vampire once in the whole game which is why it's so hard to find a cure)

You sure about only being able to turn into a vampire once? I thought you could do it as many times as you wanted. Also even if you want to be a vampire don't bother. It gets annoying after a while and the quest is hard to get a cure. Unless you buy one of the KON add ons or cheat.

Associate
TurnipHead said:
Quicksaving is fine, but if you quicksave during dungeons and really hard areas. I reccomend using normal saves. I learnt that the hard way, went inside a portal had to "do something", realised I wasn't fast enough and every time I reloaded I couldn't do it and the only way to continue with the game was to cheat and fly to where I wanted.

Oh, and avoid at all costs turning into a vampire. If you like to cheat, then no problem. If you don't cheat, have fun being a vampire for ages (you only can become a vampire once in the whole game which is why it's so hard to find a cure)

Finally, do NOT kill shopkeepers, no matter how much you want the item they have in stock.

repetative quick saving will corrupt your game and make it crash.
you want to disable autosave options too and religiously save manually at convenient points.

Soldato
MooSey-UK said:
repetative quick saving will corrupt your game and make it crash.
you want to disable autosave options too and religiously save manually at convenient points.

Be careful if you end up being a saddo like me & clock up over 200 hours of game time (I'm upto over 300 hours). As you game save can become corrupted & cause a slo-mo effect to occur with animations in the game. Anyone who is suffering this problem, there is a fix. Post here if you need the solution & I can collate the details/links you need. ;)

Associate
Khajit Sneak/Assasin for me, love those 3xdamage Bonus for sneak attacks with Posion arrows, can take out most Humans and small/big creatures with one shot, if not, create a poisonous potion and add it to the allready posion arrow = Ouches :D

Back
Top Bottom