Some New Forza 2 Screenshots (IGN) 56k beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ok not sure if some of you seen this video before below.

It came out the week of GDC shows two tracks for a French gamesite.
Ecxuse the poor driving (is the wheel that hard?) but pay extra attention to the way the movemnet is so smooth and how over the bumps etc the car responds in its handling.
Shadowing/Lighting on the second part looks impressive as are the trees and roadside detail.

French GDC Video

Associate
fergie666 said:
don't think they are including a cockpit view mate

doesn't bother me as it's a view i never use for serious racing, i just found it as a novelty that was sorta fun now and then

I agree. A novelty more than anything and not realistic imo. Does look impressive in PGR3 but unless the view is forced on people then its a handicap.

Soldato
Personally im not a big fan of it either, well not if it restricts your vision which is what it does on PGR3. TDU seemed to do it better?

Id prefer the devs give us a few view options Forza 1 had imo a tarmac view to low and a bonnet style view too high.

Why why why cant we have the ability to set our own preferred viewpoint/position and save it as a preset.

Developers should offer thios as mandatory in all racing games.

PGR offered it yet 2 and 3 didnt.

Soldato
if possible i generally prefer cockpit views for racing games.

but i agree so far i've not found a console game where it works.

when i'm sat at the pc, with the MOMO wheel and headset, and the server forces everyone to use a realistic view - it's much more immersive.

i used to drive with exterior view on racing games years ago, can't hack it now - i have to get as close to the driving position as i can, where everyone else i watch play the same game always wants the exterior view!

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
Only game I've ever seen tearing on is Motostorm and PGR3 and they were so minimal you'd struggle to notice it. Never seen it on any other game :).

MotoGP is the worst offender, along with Saints Row, Motorstorm did have some (along with God Of War for some wierd reason) and have heard many evil things about dead rising.

I didn't notice any on PGR3 tbh i always thought the framerate was pretty decent in that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom