• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900XT 512 vs X1950Pro 512

Associate
As in the title, am i right in thinking that the X1900XT 512mb is significantly faster than the X1950Pro 512mb?

The benchmarks that I have seen seem to say so but I want to make sure. An unnamed retailer :rolleyes: has sent the 1950Pro as a replacement card for the 1900XT after 8 weeks of waiting, even though I asked for a refund... they say the specs are similar, I say I am not accepting a slower card than the one I originally paid for.
Am I right?

Associate
Kamakazie! said:
As in the title, am i right in thinking that the X1900XT 512mb is significantly faster than the X1950Pro 512mb?

The benchmarks that I have seen seem to say so but I want to make sure. An unnamed retailer :rolleyes: has sent the 1950Pro as a replacement card for the 1900XT after 8 weeks of waiting, even though I asked for a refund... they say the specs are similar, I say I am not accepting a slower card than the one I originally paid for.
Am I right?

Kick them in the teeth and ask for a refund or a 1950 xtx as the pro is a worse card than your 1900xt your 1900xt has 48 thingymebobbypipelinesjobs and the 1950pro had only 36 and thus it is slower.

So ask for a 1950 xtx as its got the faster ram,

Associate
OP
YorkshirePadd26 said:
Kick them in the teeth and ask for a refund or a 1950 xtx as the pro is a worse card than your 1900xt your 1900xt has 48 thingymebobbypipelinesjobs and the 1950pro had only 36 and thus it is slower.

So ask for a 1950 xtx as its got the faster ram,

Aye, exactly. I will be demanding a refund.

Soldato
Make sure you explain that you won’t accept anything less than refund or like for like within 14days. Ask for address to send complaint letter on recorded delivery outlining as such to scare them into action; as no company likes a formal complaint as it leaves very little room for them to b******* or delay further. ;)

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
It sure is, definately get onto them about is as they can only give you equal, or better performance, x1950pro is less, its a downgrade.
Yup, they should've send him an X1950XT at least. :o

J.D

J.D

Soldato
I'm in a quite nasty mood :mad: today so I'd have just loved for to handle the call back to the supplier for you Kamakazie! if you want?.

By the time I'm finished with them you'll have a 8800GTX :D .

Give it to 'em soldier!!!!.

Soldato
Kamakazie! said:

Am I right?

They have to send back something equal or better.

As the X1950 Pro is WORSE by about 20% dude to the 1/4 pipes/shaders then it is not a legal replacement.

They have to send back either a X1900XT/X1900XTX/X1950XT 512mb or a X1950XTX atleast.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys.
I have been asking for a refund for 4 weeks. I didn't get a proper response until I threatened to inform Trading Standards. Then all I got was a shipping confirmation of the 1950Pro.
It has been a total pain in the backside and I won't be buying from them again. It is a shame because they have always been very efficient and helpful before this. Ah well, we live and learn I guess.

Associate
OP
cobxx said:
This ain't on, I feel for ya man.

I know you can't say who it is, but is it a big, well known company?

Aye, will just have to wait it out.
It is very well known company and id probably get suspended on banned if i said which.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
JediFragger said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here & say this is actually OcUK :D

Like I said. I am not naming names as i don't want a warning/suspension/ban. Just wanted to ask if people thought I was right to demand a better replacement than the 1950Pro.... which is seems I am.

Thanks for all the help.
Thread can get closed or whatever now :)

Back
Top Bottom