• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 6320/6420 Overclocking Thread***

Caporegime
Mines on order,

Please post your clocks :D

It will be interesting to see if they clock like the 6300/6400 or will need more vcore and run hotter like the 4300.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
markyp23 said:
Not another pre-emptive overclocking thread?

Because people like me reply, it always turns out that the first results don't come until the 4th page or so. Therefore, easyrider, it is your obligation to make a spreadsheet of all the results and put it in the original post.

Mark

OK its a deal! :D

Associate
Ooh excellent! Was expecting to wait over 3 weeks till I was able to build my c2d rig:D! Seems odd only 3 or so e-tailors have them in stock though, hurry up OCUK!

Let the overclocking begin lads... (ooh, and sorry for posting, but we all knew this thread was gonna be more than 100 pages)

Caporegime
easyrider said:
Mines on order,

Please post your clocks :D

It will be interesting to see if they clock like the 6300/6400 or will need more vcore and run hotter like the 4300.

what are the specs of these 2 different processors cant find them on ocuk's shop?

just seen some specs on the forum and they run on the same fsb as an e6600, so these would clock well with any motherboard able to do 450+ as long as you have sufficient cooling, the asus p5ne-sli has been a real dissapointment to me as i was promised it could do high fsb maybe it was my poor e4300, but asus p5b deluxe seems like a much better bet and much more stable and the ds3 also, what mobo you gonna be using easy? and you gonna be using your watercooling?

i say with decent mobo and cooling you should hit about 3.2ghz any more than that and i may be tempted to get one, but it would be for my sisters rig since my e6600 does 3.6ghz comfortably

Last edited:
Associate
i think they are the same GHz as the 6300/6400 but instead of 2MB L2 cache they have a 4MB L2 cache like the bigger brothers of the range?

Associate
cssreg said:
i think they are the same GHz as the 6300/6400 but instead of 2MB L2 cache they have a 4MB L2 cache like the bigger brothers of the range?

Yep. Hopefully, now intel's manufacturing process is very efficient, these are just fully functional top of the line conroe's. Can't see E6700's selling that well, as I'm guessing most people jump up to quad for that price range, so hopefully, for under £150 we're getting the top of the range 4mb conroe!

Only seen 3 reports, xbit labs, getting a E6420 to 3.7ghz (at 1.6V, but still impressive), and looked like the E6320 ran out of FSB at 3.2ghz. fanboyreview who got the E6420 to 3.2 no problems at stock voltage IIRC. There was 1 foreign website a while ago that had an engineering sample at got the E6420 to 3.6ghz or so..I'll try and find it.

Caporegime
OP
Psycho Sonny said:
what are the specs of these 2 different processors cant find them on ocuk's shop?

what mobo you gonna be using easy? and you gonna be using your watercooling?

I'll be using a DS3 and P5B deluxe under water initially then phase.

Associate
Munky1080 said:
what about the e4400 overclocking thread? Seiously though, with a 10x multiplier they ought to clock good, i would think.

I'm not expecting much out of them, as IMO it's just going to be like the 4300...decent, just not great. A really good 4300 chip will hit 3.6, but they're as rare as gold dust. Plus they seem to need a lot more heat and volts. Sure, it's superb for a budget chip, but when there's the E6320 which can't be too much more, it has to be the better buy when it comes down to big ocs. Sure, to get 3ghz on one you only need 300FSB, which is a joke, but I'm sure they'll need a fair amount of cooling.

Back
Top Bottom