STUDENTS! Summer....

Soldato
Hi there,

I'm wanting to go abroad during the summer to either volunteer or work in Australia or New Zealand. I've had a look at BUNAC "experiences" and they look pretty good. Anyone have experience of BUNAC? Are there any other options available? Ideally I'd be working over there so the cost of the trip would be minimal!

Also, what are all you other students going to be doing during the summer?

Man of Honour
I've not been to Australia or New Zealand (yet) but I did use BUNAC to go to Canada to work over last summer. They were pretty good so I can happily recommend them, I just used them to sort out the work permit for the year and went to their orientation session within the first few days then pretty much went on my own way. It was probably helpful knowing that there was a form of support network available although I didn't need to use it, I know lots of people make friends with other BUNACers as they go but I was away from that a bit too quickly to do so. :)

Oh and for this summer I will be graduating (hopefully) and probably needing to get a job.

Soldato
Got a lot lined up :D

Going to start boxing again, go abroad, go a fair amount of activities planned (rock climbing etc) and enjoying not being at uni :D

Soldato
Will_3rd said:
got very little lined up, kind of dead in the water... :(

to the job centre!

yep, ditto.

Should walk into an engineering job if i actually bothered to look, my Masters will help me do that :D

Associate
Zefan said:
17th for me :cool:

A temporary games QA job.
Same ;d

Was so gutted whn sat sold out, turns out it was bloody lucky, on the saturday is my unis summer ball which is gonna be big this year with alll my mates graduating.

Man of Honour
eriedor said:
Was so gutted whn sat sold out, turns out it was bloody lucky, on the saturday is my unis summer ball which is gonna be big this year with alll my mates graduating.

Also Sunday will be helluva climatic being the last night. Better day to go IMO.

Soldato
semi-pro waster said:
Oh and for this summer I will be graduating (hopefully) and probably needing to get a job.

Positive mental attitude; you will be graduating and get a job!

On the downside, my summer is determined by the fact I've got a graduate to start. No happy weekdays for me!

Man of Honour
iBankAllDay said:
Positive mental attitude; you will be graduating and get a job!

True, Kris Akabusi would be so disappointed with me.

My main problem is that I'm sort of in limbo at the moment, I've got things to do over the summer but they mean I can't really plan very far ahead either until I get them out the way. :)

Soldato
OP
50/50 said:
Got absolutely nothing planned. Do people usually travel alone in those bunac experiences?

Seems like it, that's what I'm doing.

What would people do for 10 weeks if they had a budget of around £1k?

Permabanned
Im really tempted to work in canada/us for 2 months, but in the engineering field...
need to do research, but uni exams are in 4 weeks aagh!!! need more time!!

Back
Top Bottom