Found this in attic...er

Soldato
Going through attic... and in with loads of other old junk... this was about...

Not sure if its any good, but definitely retro...

pics taken with dodgy cam phone

dsc00045sk4.jpg

dsc00046ar0.jpg

dsc00047xz2.jpg

Associate
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/chinon/chinon_cxii/chinon_cx_ii.htm

edit: Looking at your photo again it looks like you have a manual.

It will take good pics if it still works. Assuming it has a meter you may have problems getting batteries for it as they used to use mercury batteries that are banned now and the modern versions have different voltage. What mount is it. Looks like it may be m42 screw. If so there are lots of old m42 lenses around 2nd hand and very cheap.

Last edited:
Associate
Used to have a chinon many many moon ago, twas my first slr. bought it in 1986. Did me fine for a few years till i traded it all in for one of the first Canon Eos's.

Soldato
Alexisonfire, get out and take some pics with that camera. I have a similarly funky Zeiss Continette that I bought for peanuts a couple of years back. I was surprised at how decent some of the results it gave were.

Mine was quite difficult to use though, and you had to focus manually without the viewfinders help, i.e. guess how far away the subject was and set the focus to the guessed distance. Great fun! :D

@lemonkettaz, that Chinon would be almost worthless now, but defo a decent camera capable of good results. Try runing a couple of films through it ;) Don't use the film you found though. If it's been in the attic more than a couple of years, it'll be knackered.

Soldato
How wierd, just found an old Kodak Retina 1b in our attic this morning. It was my grandad's old camera. Gorgeous to look at but I haven't the first clue how to take a decent picture with it though :(

Soldato
danza said:
Alexisonfire, get out and take some pics with that camera. I have a similarly funky Zeiss Continette that I bought for peanuts a couple of years back. I was surprised at how decent some of the results it gave were.

I wouldn't even know where to start to getting this thing working. The lens seems borked. I noticed some of the newer models of the one i have on the bay in mint working condition for £15-20. I would love a working film camera that takes that "old looking style" photograph, grainy and terrible lighting. :D Something about Polaroid and lomographic photography that does it for me.

Back
Top Bottom