New broadband not working correctly.

Associate
My orange line went live yesterday, so using my d-link dsl-300t ethernet modem as the livebox hasn't arrived yet, i put in the router settings as advertised on the orange website and it connected fine, it says downsteam 3168, upstream 450 approx which is fine, only the connection coming through to my laptop is only at 1bps, it occasionally rises a bit but then falls back down and i haven't a clue why.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Associate
Is the connectivity between your laptop and router okay (i.e. ping the router) ?

What response time do you get when you ping an external host and does your router have any network troubleshooting tools?

Also what the noise level like on your line, you can check this on the router statistics.

Associate
OP
Peace said:
Is the connectivity between your laptop and router okay (i.e. ping the router) ?

What response time do you get when you ping an external host and does your router have any network troubleshooting tools?

Also what the noise level like on your line, you can check this on the router statistics.

I canc onnect to the modem fine, and the internet connection is there just incredibly slow, not at my computer currently, i will find out when i am.

Back
Top Bottom