Help finding sunglasses

Soldato
saw these in town today
Oakley Wire 2.0
and, seeing as my last set of sunglasses (cheap NEXT pair) are scratched to hell and back I thought I'd splash out!
Now, the shop thats selling them in town has them for £149 in stock but also has a big sign saying that they will price match ANY other retailer - even online :D
so....

...I was wondering if you guys can help me track down the cheapest pair of Oakley Wire 2.0 in Fire Iridium available online! only ones I've found online are those above and These but I'm sure you guys will be able to find them cheaper than that!
thanks!

Permabanned
VeNT said:
saw these in town today
Oakley Wire 2.0
and, seeing as my last set of sunglasses (cheap NEXT pair) are scratched to hell and back I thought I'd splash out!
Now, the shop thats selling them in town has them for £149 in stock but also has a big sign saying that they will price match ANY other retailer - even online :D
so....

...I was wondering if you guys can help me track down the cheapest pair of Oakley Wire 2.0 in Fire Iridium available online! only ones I've found online are those above and These but I'm sure you guys will be able to find them cheaper than that!
thanks!

Hmmm... thinking of getting a pair myself, but £100+ on something your very likely to loose seems a little harsh to me. Have a good think about what you could spend the money on!

Soldato
OP
DAVEM said:
Hmmm... thinking of getting a pair myself, but £100+ on something your very likely to loose seems a little harsh to me. Have a good think about what you could spend the money on!
nah its got to be these, I'm not going to lose them,
the next ones lasted 3 years tbh!

Associate
Got exactly the same Oakley's, but with Ice Blue lenses and silver frame instead.

Are you getting polarized lenses?

They are bloody good sunglasses. :)

Soldato
OP
yeah, they are good and actually suit me too! but I really wanna get em cheaper if pos!
come on guys, you're normally really good with this, don't fail me now!

Permabanned
VeNT said:
nah its got to be these, I'm not going to lose them,
the next ones lasted 3 years tbh!

damn you, I'm getting tempted!

Though I lost my last pair after a three days, and then lost my brothers the following week :mad:

Soldato
OP
DAVEM said:
damn you, I'm getting tempted!

Though I lost my last pair after a three days, and then lost my brothers the following week :mad:
lol mook!
how do you lose them so quickly!
even these cheap £13 ones I'm totaly nailed to, only issue is the are more than a little beaten!

mainly because the guy was pansy with me tbh

Last edited:
Permabanned
VeNT said:
lol mook!
how do you lose them so quickly!
even these cheap £13 ones I'm totaly nailed to, only issue is the are more than a little beaten!
ha ha
Yeah well I take them off all the time (just wear them when walking about) my pair I think I left in a bar in Newqauy, my brothers somewhere in Manchester (poss the locks). Mine where Oakley's as where my brothers, least to say he was NOT impressed

DaveM

Permabanned
Why are Oakleys so popular? They are too expensive and dont look good, develop some fashion sense and buy some aviators.

Soldato
OP
Alchemy said:
Is it possible to buy something half decent in the £20-40 region? :o
define half decent?
polarised lenses?
good build quality?
good looking?
fit well?

as I said, the £10 next ones lasted me 3 years.
they where ok but nothing like as good as the oakleys
its all down to what you can put up with

Soldato
just bought a pair of £40 BLOC sunglasses from where i work (millets) and they are the best glasses i have ever seen!

they're polarized etc and there are so many its hard to find a pair that dont fit!

Man of Honour
Rubens Menswear are usually pretty good with prices but it seems they are £149 also.

Alchemy I believe Briko are quite decent and cheap(ish) although I'm not sure how many retailers there are in the UK currently. However sunglasses are one area where I would advise spending money, you only get one pair of eyes as they say. :)

Soldato
OP
semi-pro waster said:
Rubens Menswear are usually pretty good with prices but it seems they are £149 also.

Alchemy I believe Briko are quite decent and cheap(ish) although I'm not sure how many retailers there are in the UK currently. However sunglasses are one area where I would advise spending money, you only get one pair of eyes as they say. :)
totaly

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Scarfacé said:
Got exactly the same Oakley's, but with Ice Blue lenses and silver frame instead.

Snap. Bought them 4 years ago, usually my sunglassses don't last as I break/scratch them but as these were relatively speaking lots more expensive I've been very careful with them :)

Soldato
50/50 said:
Why are Oakleys so popular? They are too expensive and dont look good, develop some fashion sense and buy some aviators.
I have owned two pairs of Oakleys, my first were Fives, lasting.. you guessed it.. Five years and im now on my second pair which are Half Jackets. I also have owned two pairs of aviators, and my OcUK collage picture will testify to them! Alas, they have been broken, one pair by a mate and recently another pair in France.. :( poor aviators..

Oakley's are my sport glasses, cant play tennis in aviators. Their lenses are fantastic. Aviators are for lounging in the back garden and looking good on nights out (not specifically wearing them, but as an accessory hooked on the neck or in the top pocket)

Associate
Ev0 said:
Snap. Bought them 4 years ago, usually my sunglassses don't last as I break/scratch them but as these were relatively speaking lots more expensive I've been very careful with them :)

Exactly the same mate. I'm always asked "why the **** did you spend £150+ on a pair of sunglasses...".

Well, I used to go through about 3 pairs of sunglasses every summer due to them falling apart and breaking. My Oakleys are so durable and I look after them like I do my leg! Incidentally I've just took them off my head! :D

Back
Top Bottom