How do I kill a great big wasp?

Soldato
Hi there
After opening all the windows earlier, there's a huge big wasp (Hornet?) that seems to have set up camp in my lounge. It sits on the light fitting most of the time, but occasionally buzzes around the room and settles down again after we've run away.

It has to die.

I dont like being stung by these things, and we've tried opening the windows again but it seems happiest in here (lol). So how do I kill it? I cant squash it as its on a paper surface. Wil l deoderant do the job? (definately?) or is there another miracle, guarenteed solution?

Permabanned
calnen said:
Hi there
After opening all the windows earlier, there's a huge big wasp (Hornet?) that seems to have set up camp in my lounge. It sits on the light fitting most of the time, but occasionally buzzes around the room and settles down again after we've run away.

It has to die.

I dont like being stung by these things, and we've tried opening the windows again but it seems happiest in here (lol). So how do I kill it? I cant squash it as its on a paper surface. Wil l deoderant do the job? (definately?) or is there another miracle, guarenteed solution?

Fly spray? :confused:

Soldato
Putting a glass over it and chucking it out the nearest window usually does the trick (as long as it doesn't come back in through a different/the same window. Rolled up magazines are also pretty effective ;).

Soldato
Might i suggest...

deluxe-flyswat-lg.jpg

Associate
Stuff like Windolene or some other weird window cleaner spray thing works very well at stopping them moving. Just spray it, then stamp on it, or squish it with a swatting thing, or put it in a jam jar and watch it vegetate, whichever one takes your fancy.

Soldato
Cybermyk said:
Later you can watch the police come and crush a neighbors kids mini moto bike after recieving complaints.
ROFL :D

Anyway, back to the point, get a pint glass and a piece of cardboard and take it outside. Failing that, roll up a newspaper and make like Hasan from the Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Had the world's largest bumblebee in my flat on Sunday....I have to admit, I squealed when I first saw (one of my cats was about to be eaten alive), but I got him outside after a titanic struggle.

Soldato
OP
I went for a dual attack in the end - Mr Muscle in one hand and Deodorant in the other. Death to the beast! No pics I'm afraid. I sort of got stamped away and stomped it a bit as well.
Thanks for the cleaner tip btw :) Feel safe again now lol!b

Back
Top Bottom