Vatican Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Thank you Mr Arty for a fine thread complete with soundtrack :)

Me and my friend thoroughly enjoyed it

flo.JPG

iam

iam

Permabanned
Originally posted by 2blue4u
Thank you Mr Arty for a fine thread complete with soundtrack :)

Me and my friend thoroughly enjoyed it

flo.JPG

Hehe - thats a cute cat - looks very tired :D

And I echo everyone's sentiments Arty - great thread :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the feedback all :)

All good classical music (referring to the genre, not the period) is absolutely not formulaic; unfortunately, much of the famous works and lift music-type compilations don't really explore the interesting stuff.

Of course, there is some mind-numbingly dull and repetitive stuff there too, as in any musical genre.

Nice cat 2Blue :cool:

arty

Soldato
Beautiful music :)

However, I do not understand this concept of "powerful" music, that has the ability to change a person? Can you expand a bit on that, how is that possible? I know music can stir emotions and make people weep or excite people, but change them?

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Ex-RoNiN
However, I do not understand this concept of "powerful" music, that has the ability to change a person? Can you expand a bit on that, how is that possible? I know music can stir emotions and make people weep or excite people, but change them?

I remember reading about children confined to wheelchairs for the 10 years of their lives so far whose first voluntary reaction to anything in life was to music.

arty

kan

kan

Associate
First thread in here to get 5 stars from me. excellent.

The music truly is powerful and I shall be hunting out a full version of it to listen to.

Thanks Arty

Man of Honour
Originally posted by kan
First thread in here to get 5 stars from me. excellent.

The music truly is powerful and I shall be hunting out a full version of it to listen to.

Thanks Arty

Don't get the one by Westminster Cathedral Choir. They sound like they're dying. :cool: I just bought it. It's getting better, but I don't think they're a patch on the Cambridge version.

Associate
Originally posted by arty
Vatican Secrets
...until 1770 where a fourteen-year-old boy shocked the entire musical and ecclesiastical world by memorising the entire work (approximately 13 minutes) on hearing it only once, and by then copying it down to paper. That boy was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
arty

A young lad at our church has this gift - he can listen to just about any piece of music just once and then sit down at the piano and play it perfectly in full harmony.

I can manage to pick up and memorise a tune line pretty much straight away, but his talent is something else.... it's amazing to see it in action.

Soldato
Originally posted by Balrog
Fantastic, thanks very much. That brought back many happy memories of times forgotten. I sung this solo with my good friend Kalvin 40 years ago when I was a treble. First in my local choir, then at Glastonbury (the cathedral, not the festival LOL). Regretably I no longer sing or listen to such music, life has got in the way. I have to admit I have a big lump in my throat as I sit here listening to it and writing this. Now I'm going to search out the music I used to sing and enjoy it all over. Thanks again.

that i think says it all...:)

shivers down the spine even thinking about it.......

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by @ce
Yes, very good thread indeed. When's the next one? :)

@ce

When I have time to write one.

A young lad at our church has this gift - he can listen to just about any piece of music just once and then sit down at the piano and play it perfectly in full harmony.

I can manage to pick up and memorise a tune line pretty much straight away, but his talent is something else.... it's amazing to see it in action.

I have this to a degree; absolute pitch and a photographic-style memory help, although I'm not sure I could manage a piece longer than about 5-6 minutes.

arty

Soldato
A friend of mine was as uneducated as a duck, couldn't read or write properly and worked in a steelworks. He's never had a music lesson in his life yet can play the piano expertly from rock to classical. He used to work in a club part time as an organist.

Don
Over the days since this was posted I have been listening to this piece more and more. I even went round to my mates house to listen to it through his Audiolab 8000S amp and B&W Nautillus speakers.

I can't stop listening to it. It is the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heared and sends shivers down my spine with every note.

Thankyou arty for introducing such wonderful sounds to my life.

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Rilot
Over the days since this was posted I have been listening to this piece more and more. I even went round to my mates house to listen to it through his Audiolab 8000S amp and B&W Nautillus speakers.

I can't stop listening to it. It is the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heared and sends shivers down my spine with every note.

Thankyou arty for introducing such wonderful sounds to my life.

Nautilus speakers, very impressive. I'm glad you like the music - subsequent threads will have better or equally good works :)

arty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom