Adobe Photoshop CS3 now shipping

Soldato
anyone know the fundamentel differences between CS2 and 3? I've not looked at the link but does anyone have any 'real life' usage of it?

thanks

Greg

Soldato
robertgilbert86 said:
Those that need it will generally have it bought for them or be able to write it off as a business expense, so the price is irrespective. Those that want it will use pirated versions as has always been the case.

And those that want will continue to push the price up for those that need!

Soldato
Greg said:
anyone know the fundamentel differences between CS2 and 3? I've not looked at the link but does anyone have any 'real life' usage of it?

thanks

Greg

AFAIK, the main difference is the tool menu system. The layers/history/ navigator etc etc all slide out from a minimal menu with buttons for each section. This makes the whole interface much less cluttered and easier to use. Then there are things like better inbuilt support for RAW processing etc.

Associate
For the amount and quality of software you get with the CS3 I think that's a craking price. QuarkXpress 6 was around £1200 alone for that POS when it first came out :eek:

I will be purchasing upgrades for our designers, obviously I couldn't possibly do my job properly without a copy ;)

Soldato
Estimated street price for the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium edition is US$1799

Remember that Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium includes;

Adobe InDesign® CS3,
Adobe Photoshop® CS3 Extended,
Adobe Illustrator® CS3,
Adobe Flash® CS3 Professional,
Adobe Dreamweaver® CS3
Adobe Acrobat® 8 Professional

So that price isn't just for Potatochop CS3

Soldato
SteveOBHave said:
The main differences between CS2 and CS3 are an arm, maybe a leg and your firstborn. Over £1000 for any software is extortionate and a waste of money.

Read the contents list. The $1799 premium suite includes 6 professional pieces of software, all well worth the money IMO. That all works out at about £900 for all of them or £150 each, which is quite the bargain i'd say. Ive used software that costs £16,000 before, now that is when id agree with you about taking the urine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Doesn't CS 3 work faster with Macs now as well? My uni lecturer said they never bothered with CS2 because it was optimised for PC and we run on Macs. But we will be getting CS3 in September for the new academic year *rubs hands together*

Panzer

Soldato
Panzerbjorn said:
Doesn't CS 3 work faster with Macs now as well? My uni lecturer said they never bothered with CS2 because it was optimised for PC and we run on Macs. But we will be getting CS3 in September for the new academic year *rubs hands together*

Panzer
Yup, CS2 was never made into a PPC version, so always had to be run in an emulator. CS3 brings native mactel compliance, which is a godsend. I doubt I'd get it for my MacBook Pro though, as photo editing on a small screen is a nightmare!

Back
Top Bottom