Rhossilli, Worms Head

Associate
WormsHeadFinal.jpg

Rhossilli.jpg

Rhossili805warmer.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Gah, bah more landscapes ;) . But wait!

These are rather good. Very nice infact!

If I had to choose a favourite, it'd be 2. I also really like no. 4. The only problem is, there's a lot of noise in the lower part of the image/rocks. There's also a few spots of sensor dirt (true with the others). Very good though, despite my criticism ;)

What setup did you use, and could we have the exif info?

Associate
OP
GAH!!!!

Thought I'd eliminated the evil dust bunnies.

I'll tell you the method rather than the exif as it's more pertinent here....

2X D70 bodies one with sigma 10-20 and one with Nikon 24-120 VR so I didn't have to change lenses in seaspray etc.

Lee 0.9 & 0.3 ND soft Grads, Lee 0.9 ND.

Both lenses on f8 or f11, manually set to hyperfocal distance (any sofness is wave impact on the tripod alas)

ISO 200

Exposure time anywhere betweem .5 and 30 seconds, depending on how far into sunset I was.

From there it's just a case of frame, point, shoot, wait, run away from rapidly incoming tide, repeat. I bracketed all exposures.

Post processed in capture NX, but not much, all base adjustments apart from crops and straightening i.e. sharpening, tone compensation, saturation and white balance.

A couple of these have been through photomatix (NB. NO 'R' !!!!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!) I can't remember which ones but I suspect 3 & 4. 3 definately as It's been shot into the sun (or contre jour if you wanna be a bit flash/poncey)

all above equals end result.

Please note I am still paying for this trip as I mistakenly told the g/f she could wear whatever as we'd just be sitting on the beach. lol. I think I would've cried if I'd ended up with blisters the size she did, so kudos to her!

HTH?

P.s I think the noise is a result of a combination of some clumsy processing, photomatix, nikons in general and the fact I don't get on with canons for some reason ;)

Last edited:

Sic

Sic

Soldato
gorgeous part of the world - I love it down there.

the cafe does great mozzarella and pesto paninis too :D

(lovely shots...you've given me an idea for next time I'm down there)

Back
Top Bottom