Are you collar up or down?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
So you're wearing a shirt/t-shirt/poloshirt/whatever with a collar. Do you wear your collar up or down? Why do you do this?

I can understand in the desert you might want to put your collar up to keep the sun off your neck but anywhere else, why?

Soldato
Shirt - Always down
Football shirt (during matches) - Often up
Polo shirt - depends on issues such as whether i'm wearing a jumper over the top etc.

Soldato
I hate the look of it being up i just looks so stupid and sad. Just looks like people don't put any thought into it and just do it because its "cool".

I always wear it down.

Associate
At work I'm always in a polo-shirt, I differ between both up and down depending on my mood and how I'm feeling that day, also depends what type of polo-shirt I've got on (some seem to go better up than others)

To try and put a figure I would say usally 70% down 30% up, today it's down.

Associate
I wear it down.

But when im in town on a night out i have worn it up before, it just depends on the polo shirt i have on, if the collar is big/small and how it looks.

I just do what looks best for me - And no im not a chav.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Mr Nice said:
Most of the populous : Down
Chavs wearing Hackett, Burberry et al : Up
Pretty much sums it up for me and normally goes with a shiny spiky hair do, always has done. Except the guy next to me at work isn't a chav and it would be rude to ask him why his collar is up, slap him round the back of the head and call him a **** :D

This is what sparked this thread off.

I might call him a **** when my probation period is up.

Permabanned
Jonny69 said:
Pretty much sums it up for me, except the guy next to me at work isn't a chav and it would be rude to ask him why his collar is up, and call him a **** :D

This is what sparked this thread off.

I might call him a **** when my probation period is up.

Or you could've asked him if his collar matches his cuffs.....

Soldato
Mellownatts said:
Always down.

It's strange that the only people I have seen with their collars up are the ones that wear bright pink and wear sunglasses on their heads during winter.

"Look at me, I'm coool" :rolleyes:

so true

:)

Man of Honour
I wear my collar popped. Its more comfortable that way.

Only with small collared t-shirts though. I have one polo shirt that I wear down because its far too big a collar to wear up. I don't like it very much because of this.

Suspended
I work in coldstores/office environment, my tshirt collars are up as it keeps my neck warmer.

In the summer, i vary, usually up though as it stops my neck from burning.

Some tshirts just dont look right with the collar up though, and if im wearing a coat/jacket it gets put down.

Back
Top Bottom