Can I carry a bb gun in my checked-in luggage?

Soldato
I don't want to leave this behind and I am not too sure about sending it with the post, either. I have a flight on Monday with KLM, could I put this little airgun (with no bbs/CO2 inside, of course) in my luggage or will that be trouble? I can't find anything on their website and I am out of credit on my phone so I can't call them either...

Soldato
Seriously, do people actually have common sense anymore?

You are limited as to taking cosmetics onboard yet you are asking about an immitation firearm? I don't know if the joke is on you or us? :rolleyes:

Soldato
You might be able to declare it and have the airline put it in safe storage and then give it back to you at the end of the flight.

We did a similar thing coming back from china when we all bought knives back.

However that was before 9/11 so things may be different now. Best thing to do is ring first and find out.

Soldato
guys im giving the op some credit, im guesing he means checked in luggage, which goes in the hold.

Op, you need to call them mate, obviously you cannot carry it on. But maybe allowed to check the bag into the hold.

Soldato
OP
Adam said:
Seriously, do people actually have common sense anymore?

You are limited as to taking cosmetics onboard yet you are asking about an immitation firearm? I don't know if the joke is on you or us? :rolleyes:

Checked-in...as in I check it in the counter so that the luggage goes into the luggage compartment of the plane...who ****ed in your cornflakes anyway :confused:

Just to make it clear, I am not asking if I can carry the gun on me inside the plane -you must be really smart if you though that, I am asking if someone here has brought a gun in another country in this way :)

Last edited:
Soldato
pyro said:
Checked-in...as in I check it in the counter so that the luggage goes into the luggage compartment of the plane...who ****ed in your cornflakes anyway :confused:

That's why this thread is just weird, people don't seem to know the difference between the two.

Soldato
manoz said:
That's why this thread is just weird, people don't seem to know the difference between the two.

I'm sure people know the difference perfectly.

I've seen too many airsofters who are a bit simple and have caused the airport and them selves a lot of hassle by trying to transport their airsoft guns in their luggage.

You need to ring ahead.

Soldato
I don't think it's an issue with checked in items that go in the hold. I know that knives are ok in the hold, as my dad bought one back from spain a few weeks ago.

You may well have to declare it at checkin though, and see what they say.

Soldato
wordy said:
If they don't tell them your an Alpha male! and should be able to do what the **** you want!!! :D
Haha! Nice 1000th post :)

As other people have said, I shouldn't foresee it being a problem if you ring ahead however expect a few difficulties if you turn up with it unannounced.

Soldato
You would really need to call KLM and ask them. What country are you travelling to? I took a jungle-knife back in my suitcase once from holiday, it was about 50-60 cm long. No questions were asked.

Back
Top Bottom