I want a decent RPG

Permabanned
Surfer said:
to l33t-krew

Yes theres a few different endings (depending on which side you go with). I'm guessing you chose to open the casket yourself heh :D

I tired the other option of letting lecroix open it.

Not a lot different :confused:

Associate
Pumpkinstew said:
Arx Fatalis perhaps. I seem to remember it being another first person open ended RPG that went largely unnoticed. Nope, I didn't play it either. ;)

Didn't have much in common with Morrowind apart from the first person thing. In fact I would be hard pressed to call Arx Fatalis an RPG - it seemed to be more of an adventure game (go to point A, collect item, go to point B, use item, progress). There was only about 6 different weapons, about 6 different suits of armour, a fair amount of spells but the fact that you have to 'draw' the pattern of each spell with the mouse to cast it was incredibly annoying after a while. Plus it was all indoors. Plus the graphics are awful. :p Morrowind is a lot better.

Permabanned
Does anyone have any good websites for mods for morrowind.

I have only played vanilla version :(

SPOILER:

In the end of morrowind there is a heart right? You stab the heart and thats its? there was no video ending?

If there is more please tell me :D (but dont give any details ;) I want to waste a few thousand hours more of my life, because it sucks)

Associate
OP
Well BG arrived Friday. Got to play on it a bit over the weekend - so far, so good.
Graphics are actually a lot better than I was expecting, even on a widescreen 19" TFT.
Just made it to the Friendly Arm inn and recruited the last members of my party, let's see what adventrure awaits.

Soldato
Father Ted said:
Well BG arrived Friday. Got to play on it a bit over the weekend - so far, so good.
Graphics are actually a lot better than I was expecting, even on a widescreen 19" TFT.
Just made it to the Friendly Arm inn and recruited the last members of my party, let's see what adventrure awaits.
Last eh? I assume you now have:

Imoen
Xzar
Montaron
Khalid
Jaheria

There are a lot more people you can pick up. Plus you'll find that you can't keep good guys like Khalid in a group with someone evil like Xzar forever ;)

Associate
Artemic said:
Rememmber theres always BGtutu which updates the graphics from the first bg to the second games engine :D not todays graphic standards, but better none the less.. it also gives you all the new classes too.

Agreed. You can't wack the Baldur's Gate series and the first game running under Tutu is a great improvement.

Caporegime
As others have said, you just can't go wrong with the BG series. I don't think it finished as strongly as it started, however, with ToB feeling a bit too cramped and "forced" for my liking. There was an epic level item in practically every area; if it was an MMO zone you'd call it "candy-land".

Fallout is another "must play" series, and has the best atmosphere of any 2d RPG I've played.

I've recently picked up PS:Torment and KOTOR, and from the sheer number of glowing reviews all over the web, I'm sure I won't be disappointed with those either.

Then you've got your RPG hybrids - Deus Ex and System Shock, both absolutely amazing experiences. Personally I think SS2 just edges it over DE, to be my favourite game in this genre. Bioshock had better be amazing ;)

Oblivion - I'm afraid I didn't like it even a little. To me, it was first-person hack'n'slash, with very little on offer other than fancy graphics. I didn't see any strategy, anything other than your run-of-the-mill hack'n'slash storyline, and I just wasn't excited about the world or it's inhabitants. The levelling system was absolutely awful, and I wasn't prepared to try to mod the game into something I might have liked. So I sold it :p

Someone else in this thread mentioned Diablo 2. I am the only person who prefered D1? It was a lot scarier, and although it lacks the innovations of the second game, I thought keeping it indoors worked well and with fewer classes it was a more focused game.

Back
Top Bottom