OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yes. When cutting drop the carb intake and up the protein to make up lost calories and use EFA's for your main fat source. You can use flax oil but try and get the actual oil.

I would every 5th or 6th day have a junk day to give your metabolism a jump start or your body will adapt to the diet and start holding BF and using muscle for energy. So an all you can eat junk day will work wonders for maintaining BF loss on a diet, as well as holding all that hard earned muscle you've created.

That's from a bodybuilding perspective, hope it helps.

Caporegime
S7yl3s said:
I would every 5th or 6th day have a junk day to give your metabolism a jump start or your body will adapt to the diet and start holding BF and using muscle for energy. So an all you can eat junk day will work wonders for maintaining BF loss on a diet, as well as holding all that hard earned muscle you've created.
I'm starting a cut soon and this information pleases me. I've kept a relatively clean diet for the last 9 weeks, while I've been bulking, and assumed I would have to make it even cleaner for a cut. Party size gateaux here I come :D

Soldato
Pigeon_Killer said:
I'm starting a cut soon and this information pleases me. I've kept a relatively clean diet for the last 9 weeks, while I've been bulking, and assumed I would have to make it even cleaner for a cut. Party size gateaux here I come :D

Lol!, a junk day will really kick you metabolism into working overtime, and like I've said above will promote the burning of fat.

Be reasonable, maybe all you can eat was the wrong statement to write! You'll know when you're getting it right :)

Capodecina
Permabanned
Just over 3 months in. Not got a clue about my body fat level :\

Pecs looks a little weirdly shaped at the moment, I think I need a decline bench.

P1000089.jpg

P1000094.jpg

Soldato
Looking good mate!

Nice and low bodyfat levels and a decent frame to build on. Delts are looking good, as are your biceps and traps. Nothing wrong with your pecs either, looking in proportion considering you're only 3 months in.

Now get chinning and rowing and build those lats up ;)

Soldato
bolger said:
Have you tried just propping the end of the bench up with a block of wood etc, when in the gym i tend to just put one of them box things under the bench, gives me enough decline.

Maybe save you buying a decline bench?
I was doing that last year. I was putting loads of plates on the floor and then propping the bottom of the bench up on them to give me a 15-20 degree decline, got some funny looks in the gym lol :D

Only problem is it stops you planting your feet firmly on the floor which is hardly ideal, especially when the weights get heavy!

I prefer weighted dips these days, I don't bench press at all apart from incline DB press.

Caporegime
Latest pic, still skinny but have built up more muscle... again crap lighting + webcam doesn't help... put on almost half a stone too. :)

Shame my stomach can't be seen better... underneath the thin layer of fat there's some nice sized abs under there.

<Replacing image with one done by proper digicam later>

Last edited:
Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
Looking good mate!

Nice and low bodyfat levels and a decent frame to build on. Delts are looking good, as are your biceps and traps. Nothing wrong with your pecs either, looking in proportion considering you're only 3 months in.

Now get chinning and rowing and build those lats up ;)

Agreed on both points. Pecs look fine, keep it up and they will fill out nicely.

And as CW says, a good set of wings and that picture will be all the more impressive.

Capodecina
Permabanned
R5Rich said:
bloody hell wardie, how big where you before ya started? Looking impressive!

I wasn't really big, i'm only a small lad but I would say I have a naturally athletic body, i'm a mesomorph if you buy into all that body type lark. My old man used to compete :)

Cheers for the complement, I ended up hitting the town tonight and i'll be drinking again tonight, I hate it though because it has messed up my diet quite a lot for today. Going to start cutting down on the amount I drink.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Permabanned
oddjob62 said:
Agreed on both points. Pecs look fine, keep it up and they will fill out nicely.

And as CW says, a good set of wings and that picture will be all the more impressive.

Cheers :) I just think my lower pecs look abit odd, not very round. I guess that's to do with not long starting though.

It's scary how addictive it is. I really do think about lifting/my diet pretty much constantly throughout the day.

Working on the lats and back quite a heavily, going to start doing weighted chins as soon as possible when we get something set up in the garage to do them on. We have a huge metal girder across the top of the garage but it'll need sanding down first, could probably use that though.

Associate
this is my scheme ive been given for my body fat reduction atm

10 mins treadmill warmup
High intensity
5mins rowing x3
5mins xtrainer x3
5mins bike x3

2 sets 12-15 chest press
2 sets 12-15 cleans
2 sets 12-15 flyes
2 sets 12-15 wide arm pull ups
2 sets 12-15 dips
2 sets 12-15 curls

4-5 days a week..

think its any good ?

Associate
dafloppyone said:
2 sets 12-15 chest press
2 sets 12-15 cleans
2 sets 12-15 flyes
2 sets 12-15 dips
2 sets 12-15 curls

4-5 days a week..

think its any good ?

In terms of lifts, id change flyes for One arm bent over row's, this gives you 2 excersises for chest and 2 for back.

Not sure whether you'll lead to overtraining doing this 4-5 days a week though, ill let someone else comment on that :)

Soldato
dafloppyone said:
this is my scheme ive been given for my body fat reduction atm

10 mins treadmill warmup
High intensity
5mins rowing x3
5mins xtrainer x3
5mins bike x3

2 sets 12-15 chest press
2 sets 12-15 cleans
2 sets 12-15 flyes
2 sets 12-15 dips
2 sets 12-15 curls

4-5 days a week..

think its any good ?

If im right in thinking that you want to do that same routine 5 times a week, then it's a good way to injure yourself. I'll let one of the more knowledgable posters properly inform you. Check out the sticky, though.

Associate
calfag2.jpg

Been able to do seated calf raises on the smith machine this week, 10 reps at 135kg was my best. Standing calf raises around 180-200kg now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom