EA link - Are you kidding me!

how crap is this.

it forever wouldn't let me login, so i trtied making a new user but the verification image wouldn't appear no matter how many times i click show me a new one, then when it finally did let me log in, i enter the verification code to download northern strike and then it says my session has expired? im like ok enter it again, session expired, so i restart ea link, session expired.

Is there any better way to download northern strike then from this ea link rubbish

Soldato
addy_010 said:
Is there any better way to download northern strike then from this ea link rubbish
Not really. :( Other verdors sell it but I still think you have to download via EA Link.

There are various ways to solve it. Try turning off your firewall, works for some people. Think there's a way to clear cache too. There's a thread about it here somewhere, perhaps it part of the official 2142 thread. Have a search

Associate
If you know anyone else who has the install file already you can use their file as long as you have already bought it on your battlefield account. i downloaded it and me and my mate both used the same file to install but obvioulsy it does check your account details when you try to connect to a game. so you have to have already bought it via ea link and have it tied to your account.

:)

Soldato
toxic said:
and I believe you get card with a code on to that you enter into EA Link so that you dont have to pay to download it...I think:rolleyes:
correct , sorry about that, what is the point of that :confused:

does says a code to enter into a weblink so may be not ealink but highly unlikly knowing ea :(

Associate
I thought it was stupid aswell, they make use (waste) a DVD case just for a piece of paper, however I've downloaded a few things from EA Link and had no problems. Well apart from the fact I had to use the EA store to buy Special Forces as the English version was listed, yet when I bought it, they told me to download EA Link and download it through that. Worked in the end, but seemed pretty stupid.

Soldato
OP
solution was to reinstall ealink.

i bought the game offline as i wanted the game case, would hate to own a game that is on the pc, need something to remind me igot it incase im looking what to play and dont remember ones installed just on pc.

all that igot was a code to put into ealink, no cd which was good as it keeps cost downs and saves whatever material discs are made out of

Associate
has EA link got a back up tool yet like steam?
when i re-installed XP (ages ago) the back ups of all BF2 extras i made were corrupt and had to download the whole damn lot again.
The steam back up tool is a godsend.

Associate
EA Link is an abortion, bought Northern Strike code in Game as I got all that session expired crap on the original download attempt. Thought it had worked, it downloaded and installed and got the Ready To Play shown but it doesn't play! As soon as I click on it it dissappears and nothing happens :mad: . Sent in to EA Support and did everything they recommend still no joy. Its the most expensive DVD case I ever bought!!

Soldato
2142 is the buggiest game i know of. It runs as stable as hell in Vista x64. But with XP i get every error under the sun. Ive had botched downloads with EA link a couple of times, its a terrible terrible program.

Back
Top Bottom