dsylexia argument

Associate
Can someone find evidence to state that dyslexia is cured or cannot be cured. Have a five pound bet, he said that new techniques can completely cure dyslexia. I say ********.

Soldato
jonesy said:
Can someone find evidence to state that dyslexia is cured or cannot be cured. Have a five pound bet, he said that new techniques can completely cure dyslexia. I say *****.

It can't be cured, you will still be dyslexic, but for the idiots...err, I mean, dyslexic people, there are ways to get around it. I guess you have lost your fiver.

Associate
Rich_L said:
Yeah, basically dyslexia is just a politically-correct way of saying a kid is stupid - bin the political correctness, problem solved :cool:

Hmm I am dyslexic, am a director of a company and earn a 6 figure salary. If your definition is correct then I am happy to be stupid.

Caporegime
Rich_L said:
Yeah, basically dyslexia is just a politically-correct way of saying a kid is stupid - bin the political correctness, problem solved :cool:

entirely incorrect:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia

"Dyslexia is a condition or learning disability which causes difficulty with reading and/or writing, not due to an intelligence below the normal range or to sensory problems such as poor eyesight.

Despite popular belief, dyslexia is not caused by reversing the order of letters in reading, nor is it a visual perception deficit that involves reading letters or words backwards or upside down.
"

Soldato
xgeek said:
Hmm I am dyslexic, am a director of a company and earn a 6 figure salary. If your definition is correct then I am happy to be stupid.

You should contribute some of that 6-figure salary to help out your fellow dyslexics....

Soldato
I don't think it's a coincidence that since 'dyslexia' has been 'diagnosed' that exam results have been going through the roof, suits the government targets nicely...

And forgive me if I don't take Wikipedia as gospel, everyone knows that it's edited by the PCLE.

Associate
Dr_Evil said:
You should contribute some of that 6-figure salary to help out your fellow dyslexics....

/nod

I'm also dyslexic, can't say it really holds me back after learning a few ways to help get round the issues caused. There are more than a few very successful dyslexic people about, I know Richard Branson is dyslexic and I'm fairly sure the guys who started Google are (Google is a misspelling at the very least)

It can't be cured that I know of.

Soldato
Rich_L said:
That is a very strong statement and I do hope you are joking.

If not you are misinformed and need to get facts before making such a strong statement. :mad:

Associate
Rich_L said:
I don't think it's a coincidence that since 'dyslexia' has been 'diagnosed' that exam results have been going through the roof, suits the government targets nicely...

And forgive me if I don't take Wikipedia as gospel, everyone knows that it's edited by the PCLE.

I was "diagnosed" 12 years ago, in my opinion other factors like teaching students to pass exams rather than learn the subject are bigger factors effecting the exam results than dyslexia is.

Associate
Rich_L said:

thats a terrible thing to say and is completely wrong anyway, i am dyslexic and my mother is a dyslexic coordinator, its attidudes like that and uninformed people that make her job hard and have made my life a challenge but i am in no way stupid. i have to work very hard at some things just to be average and i excel with ease at others. please be more careful with wild and unfounded comments like that or people will take offence

Back
Top Bottom