Champions League 24/25th April *spoilers*

Soldato
Loki said:
Again an absolutley ridiculous decision. Players expected to become emotionless drones to satisfy FIFA
I agree.
They can barely react to anything anymore.
They cant celebrate, they cant get annoyed, they cant do anything. Its a farse really.

Caporegime
KennyBhoy said:
Oh well, game over :o ;)

Yep the Manu fans seem to think so. I cannot remember hearing or not hearing such a lifeless crowd in all my life. They should be screaming the team on. Bit pathetic really.

Not a fan but I hope United atleast equalise, their team deserves a final, shame about the injuries.

Soldato
Three main defenders missing, I'm not surprised that we conceded. I was hedging my bets on us scoring a lot more goals than they can put past us and it looks like thats what will have to happen now. Our luck this season has been great with regards to injuries, right up to the point where you really could do without them. Our starting back four would not have conceded either of those goals :(

Caporegime
Dave77 said:
What on earth was Evra doing?
He is woeful, when are people going to realise this?

I hate to say I told you so.. but Scholes really doesn't help the midfield at all. Every single game he hasn't played in we have played really well. Ever since the Liverpool game he's apalling.

O'Shea - Brown - Heinze - Evra
Ronaldo - Fletcher - Carrick - Giggs
Rooney - Smith.

That's the team that has it about them to break Milan down from attack with Smith (like Roma) and having Fletcher mop up the playmaking runner Kaka (like Totti in Roma) and allowing Rooney and Ronaldo into the game (like Roma).

Instead Scholes gets it, fannies around with it, waits til the last second then plays it back to our defenders. Appalling.

Soldato
Thought we started well, but like Saturday we sat back after scoring the opening goal. First Milan goal was class. Absolutely mess up for the second goal, no idea what they were doing.

Rooney's not getting involved much, I'd consider pushing Rooney out wide and bringing Smith on. We've let two goals in so Fergie may as well go for broke and try and win the game tonight.

Soldato
bit pitiful so far this display, I think someones already said and I agree with it move John O into the holding role, Wretcher at right back. Think it would be good playing a 5 man midfield at the moment, dropping Carrick and Scholes back deeper a bit and letting the 2 wide men get forward, its those 3 who are gonna be able to cause damage with their pace and we just cant control the midfield at the moment.

Need to win as many balls in the middle as possible, keep the ball up the pitch and restrict Kaka a bit more and we might have a chance at salvaging something.

If the team runs out same as before I think its good night athens from us. Kaka is just gonna carry on ripping us to shreds, its almost as though with all the attention on Ronnie people seem to have let Kaka get on with his playing a little bit.

Associate
Agree that Smith should be brought on as he will add a bit of bite and determination. As for Ronaldo, looks like the PFA award has gone to his head a bit, hes not passing too often.

Soldato
As you have pointed out, Smith has been excellent since his return imo. His ability to hold the ball gives rooney and ronaldo the oportunity to run on to a lay off. Leaving Rooney up front alone gives united one dimension in that respect with only ronaldo getting there quickly enough and Milan are just sticking three defenders on him.

Soldato
The only option is to run themselves into the ground and chase everything and run flat out for the next 45.
Not going to happen.

Soldato
Maybe in the next few weeks if I get some time. I've been snowed under with my new business and other jobs on top :( Should be stopping the other job soon to work full time for myself so I should have more time then :)

Soldato
I think Smith is actually a better striker for the way United play. Rooney has been dire.

Ronaldo and Giggs have been lively and really United's only threat.

Well would you look at that. WHAT A MISS. :mad:

Soldato
The commentators on ITV annoy me. So fickle.
They spend half the game creaming over Ronaldo, and berating Milan.
Now Milan are winning, they are creaming over Milan & Kaka!
Wait till United score, and watch them flip again. :p.

Caporegime
BoomAM said:
The commentators on ITV annoy me. So fickle.
They spend half the game creaming over Ronaldo, and berating Milan.
Now Milan are winning, they are creaming over Milan & Kaka!
Wait till United score, and watch them flip again. :p.
I noticed that. Annoying really.

Back
Top Bottom