Champions League 24/25th April *spoilers*

Associate
Am I the only one that didnt actually see a lot in Milan? Obv Kaka is a threat but if Man U had a full back 4 they would have dealt easily.

Just dont seem strong enough, they wont stop Man U scoring in the 2nd leg either. Man U are far too strong for them.

See you in the final boys

Soldato
SpeedFreak said:
Kev, are you really trying to suggest that Milan are favorites? United were no way fav.orites to got through against Roma after the first leg
Milan are favourites, as were United when they returned home with an away goal and only one down.

Permabanned
I think that winning goal could be a blessing in disguise for Milan.

I can see Man U going to Milan and playing for a 0-0 which I don't think they're equipped to do.

Soldato
Well I must say that was an absolutley fascinating game of football to watch. 2 Crackers from Rooney and 2 Crackers from KaKa. Played in the right spirit with both sides trying to play football the right way. Even the Ref & the linesmen had a good game I thought. Little battles all over the pitch with Rooney just shading it past Nesta who was man marking him imho.

Fletcher is an absolute paradox. Plays rubbish against the average sides then he goes and puts in performances like that against the big clubs.

2-2 would have been a disaster. 3-2 gives us something to play for. The turning point being when Gattuso went off. I wonder if either him or Maldini will make the return leg. The game plan must be for us to get an early goal over there and then go for another. Were awfull if we try and shut up shop to defend a lead.

Lets hope the Scouse and Chelsea is half as good tomorrow

Soldato
What a game, my throat is killing, Rooney, lost for words.

He's been very under rated this year and it just goes to show what hes capable of, only a few strikers in the world would have even bothered hittin that nevermind scoring it, I thought he was gonna turn and hold it up or lay someone off.

What a God he is (a balding God I noticed tonight). Milan have an ability to read the game defensively the same as the brazillians do attacking and if that team's average age was 10 years lower then they would be the best but a team like ours with the pace they have, run them round for 90 minutes and they'll be dead.

No Shevchenko to save your ass now boys, if we can get maybe one more defender back just to strengthen up a bit and if we can keep injury free for the next 8 days then I think we've got enough to see them off, they looked so dejected by the end, cant I say I blame them though. United were far superior in the 2nd half.

Associate
Well then, now that little sideshow is out of the way, I'm starting to get excited about the main event! Mourinho vs Benitez has been interesting already, and who knows what the line ups will be. Looking forward to a good game.

Soldato
RealDeal said:
Am I the only one that didnt actually see a lot in Milan? Obv Kaka is a threat but if Man U had a full back 4 they would have dealt easily.

Just dont seem strong enough, they wont stop Man U scoring in the 2nd leg either. Man U are far too strong for them.

See you in the final boys

I think you seen the finest midfield in Europe tonight in Milan. The central three of Ambrosini, Pirlo & Gattuso play as a complete unit. Up front they are lacking as I think Gillardino is a really over rated for what I have seen and it must be hard for them to go from one in form Striker in the League(Ronaldo) to one who blows hot and cold in Gillardino

Permabanned
Hlebio said:

I can see Man U going to Milan and playing for a 0-0 which I don't think they're equipped to do.

You can see MU going to Milan and playing for a 0-0 :D :D :D

The only way we can win games at the moment is if we attack constantly and get the ball to Rooney,Ronaldo,Giggs as quick as possible, we cant defend for **** at the minute so its our only hope

Get to Milan outscore them MU style

Permabanned
Fletcher or Heinze for me, i know Heinze was done for pace and he got leathered by Evra but other than that he was great first to everything for most parts

Fletcher ran his heart out the same as he did against Roma, you cant discount Rooney neither they could be 2 very important goals

Soldato
OP
Hlebio said:

Somehow I don't see that ever happening, honestly...playing for a 0-0 draw when we have Rooney, Scholes, Ronaldo and Giggs.... rofl! :p

Soldato
OP
G|mp said:
Fletcher or Heinze for me, i know Heinze was done for pace and he got leathered by Evra but other than that he was great first to everything for most parts

Fletcher ran his heart out the same as he did against Roma, you cant discount Rooney neither they could be 2 very important goals

Agreed. I'd say Fletcher or Heinze for me too. Fletcher chased everything down, won the ball quite a few times, kept possession of it under pressure and played it forward with some good attacking vision. Not all of it worked though, but I can't criticise him for having vision that other players missed.

Heinze at the back, I wouldn't hold him accountable for either of Kaka's goals, where the hell was Brown for both goals? I was surprised by Kaka's speed actually, quality player, but imo Milan's only attacker for tonight. Heinze showed tonight why he should be in the first team regardless of whether Evra is fully fit (assuming all players are fit too). Heinze is pure class.

Caporegime
Hlebio said:

We have never played for 0-0, ever. We will NOT go to Milan looking for a 0-0, believe me, we are going there to score.

Soldato
Heinze's tackle on Kaka was pretty good. He just jumped on the floor on his ass in front of him and the ball got trapped in his legs :D

kaka looked confused by it.

Soldato
Great game, great result. Was just starting to think maybe 2-2 isn't too bad a result all things considered, but then boy wonder sticks that one in, what a player :D

Caporegime
NokkonWud said:
We have never played for 0-0, ever. We will NOT go to Milan looking for a 0-0, believe me, we are going there to score.

Yep and i think ManU will score first and win by two clear goals providing they get some players back to provide some confidence at the back.

Manu can be patient wait for milan to start coming at them then pick them off. Kaka is the only player that impresses me and I knew that anyway. Would like to see him in the EPL to see how he rates over a season.

Back
Top Bottom