is UFC fake?

Permabanned
Most of the knock downs i have seen in UFC seem a little weak, i know they dont use gloves like in boxing but they hardly move the head when punching, they are both big guys and they always seem tensed up.

watch this vid http://www.vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/1275

or maybe its just me, anything with money can bring out fake or fix fights to get the best fighters going for the title.

Soldato
cheets64 said:
Most of the knock downs i have seen in UFC seem a little weak, i know they dont use gloves like in boxing but they hardly move the head when punching, they are both big guys and they always seem tensed up.

watch this vid http://www.vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/1275

or maybe its just me, anything with money can bring out fake or fix fights to get the best fighters going for the title.
Why does that look fake to you, seems to be his head snaps round and back, perfect for a knockout, and like you say the lighter, less padded gloves means the impact is concentrated on a smaller area.
Plus they both have pretty beefy necks. :)

Permabanned
the MMA gloves UFC fighters wear is more for protection of the fighters hands, broken knuckles etc. They do need to wear hand wraps like other professional fighters (boxers etc.) for this reason, and the gloves go on top. It's also to reduce the high chance of the opponent getting cut that there is with bare knuckle so fights don't have to end prematurely. They don't soften the blow for the opponent hardly at all, nothing like boxing gloves

Man of Honour
I was just going to say that before UFC many years ago was a tournament called Bushido and then I watch the Pride link and they keep saying 'Bushido'.
There was a sumo wrestler who always won and all he did was let the other fighters hit him and eventually he'd grab them and it was all over. He'd turn them around, fall on his back and their heads would hit the canvas really hard.
10 internet pounds to anybody who can find out his name.

Soldato
Fake?..good one...

and if you watch pride regularly you will know they have more than their fair share of boring and puny looking fights...Not every fight can be an amazing flying knee knockout or jumping triangle.

Soldato
Phnom_Penh said:
Force = impact / time, gloves make the force less by making the impact time longer.
I'm not saying you're wrong there, but I imagine riding the punch will alter the impact time a lot more than the difference between 4oz and 10oz gloves, I still maintain that the extra padding increasing the effective impact area makes more of a difference.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
I was just going to say that before UFC many years ago was a tournament called Bushido and then I watch the Pride link and they keep saying 'Bushido'.
There was a sumo wrestler who always won and all he did was let the other fighters hit him and eventually he'd grab them and it was all over. He'd turn them around, fall on his back and their heads would hit the canvas really hard.
10 internet pounds to anybody who can find out his name.

Emmanuel Yarborough

Soldato
Balddog said:
Fake?..good one...

and if you watch pride regularly you will know they have more than their fair share of boring and puny looking fights...Not every fight can be an amazing flying knee knockout or jumping triangle.

Very true.

Pride has bored the hell out of me over the past year with only a handful of decent fights. The UFC however has stormed big time with some fantastic fights from the big name fighters to the not so well known fighters.

a lot of people rant on about how Pride makes the UFC look like a joke but time after time I see 75%+ of a Pride event look very poor.

Soldato
I don't know how anyone who's actually watched some mma fights can think they're fake, you see close up all the punches, elbows and kicks, often with plenty of claret all round the ring/cage, no fake blood there mate.

Soldato
Why use a "was" when he's been KO before and came back with a revenge and 6 fight winning streak?

Cocky? About the most cocky thing he does is wear checked pattern on his trunks. He doesnt say much in an interview, and doesnt go crazy with the stare down.

Soldato
megatron said:
Why use a "was" when he's been KO before and came back with a revenge and 6 fight winning streak?

Cocky? About the most cocky thing he does is wear checked pattern on his trunks. He doesnt say much in an interview, and doesnt go crazy with the stare down.

because we are talking about him getting knocked out...its past tense..he underestimated the dude and thought he was just filler..

Cocky in that he didnt bother training for the cage...he said he didnt need to.

Soldato
Im just itching with excitement for this :cool:

325202641_l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom