Photo feedback..

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking for feedback on a couple of pics please. Still very new to photography, and soooo much to learn!

To be honest, I was primarily playing with composition, and looking at them now, they lack clarity and detail of most of the images posted here! but, anyway, any comments would be most appreciated! :)

rock.jpg
grass.jpg

cheers,

[DTZ!]

Soldato
Ok, I know you were looking at composition, but i'll just comment on the whole lot!

Starting with the first one on the left. Love the composition, nice way the rocks are formed, your eyes wander up the photo from the bottom up. To me, its a pleasure to look at. However, IMO its a bit over exposed. In the end, I'd edit it in photoshop and tweak with the levels, but overall, i like the composition good work

Second one, just as above, the final photo would need editing in Photoshop. I've only adjusted the levels, but here's my quick lame attempt at playing about.

Only took me 3 minutes!

Hope you don't mind. I like the font you use for your signature on the photos too, could you tell me what it is please?! thanks

grass.jpg
grass_edit.jpg

rock.jpg
rock_edit.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Very nice composition but as Greg said a little on the light side. I would suggest getting a circular polariser too if you don't have one, it can make shots like these (with lots of blue sky) look a lot nicer.

I wish I had your eye for composition. :)

Associate
OP
Hey,

Thanks for the replies! really appreciate it! :) thanks for the comparisons Greg,.

I wasn't sure about the horizon line in the 'grass' image.. was thinking of cropping to move further away from center of pic.

The font, that's me with a graphics tablet, sorry can't give you a font name as it's just my sketching. Although, if you are looking for a similar sig, let me know and i'll see what i can do.

@Amp34; I do actually own a polariser - I'll have to play around with it a little more!

cheers

[DTZ!]

Last edited:
Associate
love them both, very nice

only thing for me personaly, the second one, if i close my eyes and then open them, the first thing my eyes are drawn to is the electricity pilon in the background.

I personaly would probably clone it out, to draw attention back down.

overall though very nice, I wish I could "see" that kind of composition when I was out and about

Associate
OP
Yup.. Herrington Park it is! :)

Thanks again for the feedback guys!

Been playing with photoshop a little.. gone a little too far, but figured I'd show you guys anyway.. I've seen a few photo restorations, but not may going the other way ;)

grass_aged.jpg

Soldato
Nice shots. I think, as said above, that they could both do with a contrat boost and maybe saturation too. Overall, I like the composition, although the power lines spoil the second one for me.

Back
Top Bottom